If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Air Pump.

redavide

Air Pump.

Post by redavide »

The small hand pumps that mount on the frame are OK for emergencies but be prepared to pump that thing hundreds of times to get some decent pressure in the tire. Try one of those CO2 cartridge devices. They're small and they're fast.

Allan.Atherton

Air Pump.

Post by Allan.Atherton »

... Try one of those CO2 cartridge devices. They're small and they're fast.
I have one, but have not used it. I am unsure how it works -- whether it is for flats or topping up.

I bought it for inflating repaired flat tires on the roadside. I assumed that one cartridge (or two) would uncontrollably blast the tire up to riding pressure, and then be discarded. I don't know if you can controllably add 15 lbs, put the kit away, and use same cartridge again later.

I think the pump works OK for topping up, using 100 strokes to add 5 psi. It does not work well for inflating a repaired flat.

Bruce Frey

Air Pump.

Post by Bruce Frey »

I use them on my bicycles and they work great! Mine are the cheapie variety that let you control inflation, but I cannot save a partially used cylinder. I also carry one on my R6 rig, but have never needed it.

It will probably take at least 4 or so standard 16g cylinders for a motorcycle tire, although I have seen cylinders large than 16g.

I have not looked, but I suspect thare are probably motorcycle specific versions of these inflators.

Bruce

VBMWMO

Air Pump.

Post by VBMWMO »

Hello. I am asking for a recommendation for a good hand/foot operated air pump for our 19" wheels. I can not hold an air compressor. A small pump that can be taken with me to the road will be a preference but not a must. Thank you all in advance. Michael.
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.