If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Single seat adjustment

schrader7032

Single seat adjustment

Post by schrader7032 »

The existing adjustments on the solo seat (the three holes) only allow for changes to stiffness not extension of the seat. I'm about the same build as you and am using the middle holes and everything is fine. My silent block is brand new, however. I'll admit that it is a bit cramped but not overly so.

As for an extension, photos can be seen if you go to:

http://www.beemergarage.com

and click on "tank photos" section. Scroll through the photos about half way and there are a few photos that show the bracket.

Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

saintclair2703

Single seat adjustment

Post by saintclair2703 »

The people who originally designed those alleged "adjustment" holes kept private journals that were passed down through the families to succeeding generations. One great grand-daughter made public the fact that the holes were put there as a private joke that was held in the strictest confidence until this girl needed some money and broke the family trust. It turns out the holes are useless and the families have been laughing at the poor riders who have been scratching their heads all these years.

Parenthetically, that hapless young woman has disappeared and no one has heard from her in several years now...

Be thankful you don't have a spring loaded Pagusa.
I deserve a paper plate as strong as I am!

danpearl

Single seat adjustment

Post by danpearl »

Thanks for your input schrader and saint. I've gone back to the rear-most holes, I reckon that teensy wee alleged bit of extra stiffness saves a little room for the legs.
I wouldn't have thought to make a bracket like the one in the link but that also looks a good option.

EuroIron

Single seat adjustment

Post by EuroIron »

I've never been able to see a suspended/spung seat on a bike with suspension at both axles........... anything other than an unnecessary and redundant complication

however, the swing-arm and plunger frames both readily lend themselves to a really easy rock stable dual air over fully adjustable hydraulic setup using a good mountain bike shock

VBMWMO

Single seat adjustment

Post by VBMWMO »

Can anybody fill me in on adjustment of the silent block position on a single seat / saddle for my weight / height?

I have always had Denfeld twin seats but recently purchased a Denfeld single. To maximise leg room should I have the silent block mounted at the rearmost holes at the base or what?

I'm about 6' and 190 pounds in American terms and find myself a bit cramped.

I also remember somewhere a reference to someone making an extension kit for the singles mounting arm, would anybody know any more about those?

Any help greatly appreciated!
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.