If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Question on tire size!!

Jordan Nygaard

Tire size

Post by Jordan Nygaard »

I just took delivery from coker tire company a firestone champion 4.00x18 and a 3.50x18. The cost was reasonable. I put them on a 1967 R69S the rear was a close fit but nothing rubs and they seem like really good tires.
What a long strange trip it's been

Darryl.Richman

Question on tire size!!

Post by Darryl.Richman »

I recently replaced a set of Metzeler ME-22 tires on my R60/2. They were good tires, and work as either front or rear tires - they even have arrows for both fitments, which is nice because it's difficult to find a true 3.50x18 for a rear tire. Unfortunately, they're not available in North America, only in Europe. A group of us in the SF area went in together to save on shipping. I recall that my final price was about $67.

I just replaced them with Bridgestone S-11s, with a front tire mounted backwards for the rear. These are metric sized, 100/90x18. I haven't had much chance yet to try them out, so I don't have an opinion yet.

I have also run the Michelin 50 series tires. I believe Vech carries these. They are excellent tires as well, though only available in metric sizes, and only in a 110/90x18 for a rear, if I recall correctly (not guaranteed, so check with Vech).
--Darryl Richman

VBMWMO

Question on tire size!!

Post by VBMWMO »

I have a 1969 R60 US, i'm wanting to put on a new front tire. There seems to be some question about what brand and size of tire will fit without rubbing the fender. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Gary.
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.