If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Best Handlebar/ Riser combo for sport tank.

schrader7032

Maybe some ideas in this

Post by schrader7032 »

Maybe some ideas in this thread:

http://www.vintagebmw.org/v7/node/10198
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

The Plunger

The /2 risers and R68 risers

Post by The Plunger »

The /2 risers and R68 risers both center the bar 4cm from the tree so you wont gain height, however, since the R68 type are straight up from the hole you may gain enough space fore and aft to clear your thumbs. Sidecar bars would do it too but you might cut them back just enough to get your clearance.
Brian
59-69

sorbo1

Sports Tank Risers

Post by sorbo1 »

Hi
I have a 1961 R69s fitted with a 33 Litre Henrich Sports tank and European style handlebars . To overcome the problem with standard BMW risers . I have fitted a set of Hoske Sports Tank risers . They have worked very well . There is currently a set on E Bay USA with 5 days to go . Current bid is $US 52.26 . They are being sold by Luftman1 . Item Number is 292693372916/8 . I don't know whether the last number is a 6 or 8 . They look a bit crude but do the job . Regards from Down Under .

1967 R502

Best Handlebar/ Riser combo for sport tank.

Post by 1967 R502 »

My bike has a large sport tank.I have a low “euro” bar mounted in the standard risers, in the front hole set facing backwards. I am not really pleased with this set up: the bars are fairly far toward which is a reach for me. They clear the tank, but barely. My thumbs can get caught between the grips and the tank when turned to the stops.

I know the US style bars will work far better, but I am not enamored of the look.

Does anyone have experience with the sidecar width bars? What is the measurement of the width?

Has anyone tried another set of risers, say from a single or /5 or R68?

Really looking for a better combo.