If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

1956 R69 scam

The Plunger

1956 R69 scam

Post by The Plunger »

All, yet another scammer on IBMWR advertising a 1956 R69 project. I've been tipped that it is pics of my R69 I had for sale back in June which has been sold to Airhead Restorations. This Bill S does not exist nor does he have the R69. I've had it with IBMWR and it's obvious lack of filters. I will no longer access the site and I encourage all of you to stay away as well.

Brian
Brian
59-69

Slash2

I hear you.

Post by Slash2 »

I wrote a thoughtful message to IBMWR a few months back and was actually chastised for it. Their response boiled down to the "great difficulty" in sorting fake and legitimate listings etc. This really doesn't add up to me. The scams are so easy to spot that it would take someone 5 minutes a night to look at all the new post requests and post the legitimate ones. Heck I'd be happy to do it. The scammers are so lazy they just copy and paste the same scam ads which really makes no sense. Their command of the language is always poor and if you do contact them, their only concern is your shipping address. They'd be better off pasting in an actual ad. But fortunately for us, they're not that smart.
Western Pennsylvanian - Airhead Extraordinaire

VintageSalesandRestorations

IBMWR scams

Post by VintageSalesandRestorations »

Amen,

I am sick of the scams on this site - it has gotten out of control lately - have you seen how many R68's have been listed?

I think the idea of having a "reviewer" for each of the categories might work - so long as that person agrees not to take advantage and buy all the good stuff first.

I wrote a letter to them as well expressing my frustration with the number of scams these days - no reply.

This sucks.

Jeff

R68

...another scam...

Post by R68 »

Someone in Mississippi is trying to sell my R68 on IBMWR Marketplace, using photos they downloaded from the Internet. My R68 is in my home, in Michigan, and is not for sale. I have notified IBMWR Marketplace. Be careful.
Attachments
img_5618.jpg
img_5618.jpg (2.74 MiB) Viewed 1550 times

lauffer6996

Yes, saw that, if you decide

Post by lauffer6996 »

Yes, saw that, if you decide you want to sell it for $18,000, please let me know ;-)!!!!!!!!
Scott

emek69

He actually called me making

Post by emek69 »

He actually called me making threats when I told him he was an idiot. Always ask them to email back side of the title. Rarely anyone post those and those scammers think us titles are blank at the back side. He seemed to have foreign accent. Nigerian scams....?
Premo B.
'55 R67/3, '68 R69S; '67 R50/2; '64 R27; '11 R1200RT