If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Tribute to Richard Coyley

808Airhead

Richard is absolutely top

Post by 808Airhead »

Richard is absolutely top notch/first class/super awesome/encyclopedia of /2! Very helpful and cool!
Thomas M.
R69S - R60/2 - R67/2 - R51/3 - R69

R.D.Green

Whew! When I saw the word

Post by R.D.Green »

Whew! When I saw the word "tribute" I thought something had happened to Richard. Yeah, can't say enough good things about him. He has sold me many parts and given me lots of advice over the years. A really good guy.

butch housman

Correct spelling is Richard

Post by butch housman »

Correct spelling is Richard Coyley...i hate it when people do that.
Bruce Houseman
Attachments
dscf0456.jpg
dscf0456.jpg (4.5 MiB) Viewed 1525 times

schrader7032

Tribute to Richard Coyley

Post by schrader7032 »

If u have ever called Bench Mark Works there's a good chance that Richard has answered the fone. Of course we all know that Vech is a BMW Wrench Extraordinaire but I'm here to tell u that Richard is way more than just the parts guy. While Vech might like u to tell him a part #, it would be handy if u had the parts catalog, Richard doesn't give a damn abt parts #s 'cause he already knows 'em all. He also knows that if u buy a new headlight reflector it will fit the new bulb holder perfectly but if u have the original bulb holder it will be a wee little bit small & u will have to carefully work it over w/ ur dremel tool....ad nauseam. Richard knows every little tab that used to be or is still present on every special tail butt washer from the years 1954 thru june of '66 when they did away w/ tail butt washers all together. In 15 yrs he has sold me one wrong part & I think he had to consult w/ Vech on that one....not to cast any blame...I got my money back. (Can u imagine, 12 bucks for a tail butt washer ! ) I digress...................

U guys in this group r just loaded w/ knowledge no doubt. Someone can immediately recognize a rare Frugenschnott racing gas tank (made of highly refined unobtainium) but when my red light stayed on & the fuse blew NOBODY said anything abt the DAMN BLUE WIRE ! Richard said, "Check the BLUE WIRE" right off :-)

So, in conclusion, THANK U RICHARD ! *

Butch
* Oh, & by the way Richard...That thing abt the million dollar check in the mail.....come on back up from the mail box & let ur breath out. That was all BS. I am not only mean & ugly but also an outrageous liar ;-)
Attachments
dscf0455.jpg
dscf0455.jpg (4.6 MiB) Viewed 1525 times
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

schrader7032

Spelling

Post by schrader7032 »

Correct spelling is Richard Coyley...i hate it when people do that.
Bruce Houseman

I've always heard his name as Coyle as in "coil". From your spelling, it would seem you would say "coily"...is the last "y" silent?

I found this page on another website:

http://bmwvmca.org/joomla/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=37

Just above the picture at the bottom is says Coyle. Also, there's a Richard Coyle on LinkedIn which seems to suggest that the shop manager at Benchmarkworks is Richard Coyle.

I'm really not sure because I've never seen him write his last name. :?
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

butch housman

As I've said before, "I know

Post by butch housman »

As I've said before, "I know nothing".....U want references ?

& anyway, I still have the problem, damn blue wire or not !
Attachments
giving-myself-a-time-out.jpg
giving-myself-a-time-out.jpg (5.85 KiB) Viewed 1525 times