Whats interesting about it is how far off the copies are from the original.
The lense is marked with the Bosch Trademark, the screws are round head not counter sunk, the case has the Bosch Trademark .
Also note the interesting field black out treatment of the lense, and the number plate reinforcing strip.
There is one new JN7 now on ebay, the lense looks correct but the case is not.
Then another with correct case.
Possibly one good copy could be made with the case and lense combined from both lights.
I think I'll try that.
I hope the buyer leaves it as is.
I have posted 2 more images, showing an original JN7. ALSO THE NUMBER PLATE IS NOT STENCILED.
Although stencils were used.
Probably after posting these photos well see some good copies coming up on ebay, unfortunately?
- s-l1600.jpg (393.32 KiB) Viewed 98 times
- s-l1600_3.jpg (365.22 KiB) Viewed 98 times
- bosch_egg_shape_tail_light..gif (72.24 KiB) Viewed 98 times
- 10.jpg (197.14 KiB) Viewed 98 times
- 2.jpg (206.98 KiB) Viewed 98 times
- 3.jpg (202.21 KiB) Viewed 98 times
- 8.jpg (963.97 KiB) Viewed 98 times
- 1.jpg (190.46 KiB) Viewed 98 times
Also the screws are period correct for this light.
As prev said, 2 copies exist, one with the case stamped Bosch Germany, no logo, but with correct lense and screws, the other with correct case stamps and wrong screws. Also this light had the correct inside parts, and number plate illumination lense spot riveted in place it was 100% original.
Post some fake photos, I'd like to see them?