If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Motorcycle stand

Scott l

Motorcycle stand

Post by Scott l »

Hi Im a newbie. Im restoring a 1965 R/60. Its all apart. I have a motorcycle stand. I would like suggestion on how to support the frame. I know that oil pan sit below the frame. I want to support just the frame so I can install the front then the rear wheels. Can someone give advice.
Thaks

Darryl.Richman

There are a variety of ways

Post by Darryl.Richman »

There are a variety of ways to do this, but basically, create a frame from 2x4s that will hold the bike frame high enough off the table so you can get the forks mounted. The top of this should have two 2x4s mounted vertically, so you can strap the bike frame on them, but leave the space between the frame rails open so the oil pan won't contact them. You'll need to brace the 2x4s to the table so the lighter frame won't move when you're installing the motor or the forks.

Or, you can first mount the centerstand to the bike frame, and block up the front of the frame with wood, far enough forward that it won't interfere with the motor and oil pan. The frame must be very securely strapped to the table, and the wood blocking must be secured, too, to avoid a catastrophe.
--Darryl Richman

Scott l

Motorcycle Stand

Post by Scott l »

Thanks Darryl. I'll see what I can come up with. Short vertical 2 X 4 might work