- R51/2 parts manual (German language) (published 1953) (7.2 MB)
- Parts manual (German language) (published 1956) (39.6 MB)
- R51/2 Parts manual (German language) (published 1956) (40.8 MB)
- Parts Manual (German language) (published 1959) (37.4 MB)
- (Bulletin #123) General - Oil recommendation for summer 1957 (English language) (published 1957) (221.5 KB)
- R51/2 Model Catalog (English language) (published 1950) (666.2 KB)
- 1950 R51/2 Catalog (English language) (published 1950) (871.7 KB)
|Bore x Stroke (mm)||68 x 68|
|HP @ RPM||24 @ 5800|
|Valves||OHV, 2 per cylinder|
|Clutch||Dry, single plate, cable operated|
|Transmission||4 speed, foot shifted|
|Frame||Tubular steel double cradle|
|Front Suspension||Hydraulically damped telescopic fork|
|Front Brakes||200mm drum, single leading shoe|
|Rear Brakes||200mm drum, single leading shoe|
|Spark Plugs||Bosch W240T1|
|Generator||Bosch RD 45/6/2400 6V 45W|
|Capacities & Measurements|
First postwar twin.
The information provided here was obtained from a variety
of public sources and may not reflect official BMW archival data.
Please contact the BMW Archives for official data regarding models.