If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
R65 / R65TIC
- R65 Riders Handbook (English language) (8.3 MB)
- R65 Owners handbook (English language) (published 1978)
- R45, R65, R65LS Workshop manual (English language) (published 1978) (60.4 MB)
- R45 R65 Repair Manual (English language) (published 1982) (30.0 MB)
- (Bulletin #2077) Post 1980 Airhead Oil Canister Depth (English language) (published 1983) (44.3 KB)
- (Bulletin #2080) 1978 - 1983 Airhead High Altitude Carburetor Jetting Modifications (English language) (published 1983) (52.9 KB)
|Bore x Stroke (mm)||82 x 61.5|
|HP @ RPM||50 @ 7250 (1981-1985)|
|Valves||OHV, 2 per cylinder|
|Clutch||Dry, single plate, cable operated|
|Transmission||5 speed, foot shifted|
|Frame||Tubular steel double cradle|
|Front Suspension||Hydraulically damped telescopic fork|
|Rear Suspension||Twin shock swingarm|
|Front Brakes||Brembo 260mm hydraulic disc single piston (1979-on)|
|Rear Brakes||200mm drum, single leading shoe|
|Spark Plugs||Bosch W5D|
|Generator||Bosch G1 14 13V 21A 280W|
|Capacities & Measurements|
Serial numbers 638xxxx through 639xxxx were delivered to the United States; the remainder were delivered to the rest of the world.
The information provided here was obtained from a variety
of public sources and may not reflect official BMW archival data.
Please contact the BMW Archives for official data regarding models.