R65 / R65RT
- R65 Riders Handbook (English language) (8.3 MB)
- R65 Owners handbook (English language) (published 1978)
- R45, R65, R65LS Workshop manual (English language) (published 1978) (60.4 MB)
- R45 R65 Repair Manual (English language) (published 1982) (30.0 MB)
- (Bulletin #2077) Post 1980 Airhead Oil Canister Depth (English language) (published 1983) (44.3 KB)
- (Bulletin #2080) 1978 - 1983 Airhead High Altitude Carburetor Jetting Modifications (English language) (published 1983) (52.9 KB)
|Bore x Stroke (mm)||82 x 61.5|
|HP @ RPM||50 @ 7250 (1981-1985)|
|Valves||OHV, 2 per cylinder|
|Clutch||Dry, single plate, cable operated|
|Transmission||5 speed, foot shifted|
|Frame||Tubular steel double cradle|
|Front Suspension||Hydraulically damped telescopic fork|
|Rear Suspension||Twin shock swingarm|
|Front Brakes||Brembo 260mm hydraulic disc single piston (1979-on)|
|Rear Brakes||200mm drum, single leading shoe|
|Spark Plugs||Bosch W5D|
|Generator||Bosch G1 14 13V 21A 280W|
|Capacities & Measurements|
Serial numbers 612xxxx were delivered to the United States; the remainder were delivered to the rest of the world. The higher horsepower models were 607xxxx, 611xxxx, 612xxxx, and 613xxxx. Serial numbers 646xxxx were RT models and produced only from 1986 to 1989.
The information provided here was obtained from a variety
of public sources and may not reflect official BMW archival data.
Please contact the BMW Archives for official data regarding models.