If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Deep oil pan cartridge filter adapter

Ole Guy

I had better luck posting

Post by Ole Guy »

I had better luck posting more photos here: https://www.pinterest.com/oleguy1951/bm ... r-adapter/
Ole Guy
1954 R51/3

Ole Guy

Deep oil pan cartridge filter adapter

Post by Ole Guy »

This is an adapter to replace the stock oil screen pickup with a filter cartridge on the deep oil pans. The advantage over the stock pan adapter (Peter Gibbs style) is it eliminates three 90 degree bends. The oil path is a straight shot up into the oil intake. This concept has been discussed in other posts and it is mainly to present a new idea on this concept.

Note: The filter is on the suction side. That means it depends on atmospheric pressure to push the oil through the filter. Filters are generally after the pumps gears (output) to force the oil through with direct pressure. Peter Gibbs made the first one and Jim Vonkas also reported using one with good results.

I am trying to post with three photos, hope all goes well there. One is linked to my Google Drive, then three other where uploaded directly into this post.

PS: I had better luck posting photos on Pintrest: https://www.pinterest.com/oleguy1951/bm ... r-adapter/
Attachments
deep_pan_filter.jpg
deep_pan_filter.jpg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 1693 times
Ole Guy
1954 R51/3

bellsonracing

Re: Deep oil pan cartridge filter adapter

Post by bellsonracing »

Any updates on this?

malmac

Re: Deep oil pan cartridge filter adapter

Post by malmac »

I knew Peter quite well over a 20 year period and have one of his oil filter kits.

It has not yet been fitted to my engine and I am interested to know if the people you know have had any undesirable consequences to fitting the oil filter to their bikes?

Your design seems a lot easier to manufacture than Peter's design.

Regards Mal
Toowoomba
Queensland
mal - R69s
Toowoomba- Australia