If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Time to change addresses again!

Darryl.Richman

Time to change addresses again!

Post by Darryl.Richman »

For those of you who want to get the VIN and/or engine number verified on your bike, for build date and whatever other information BMW may have in their archives, the person to email is Andreas Harz at BMW Group Classic (the archives).

However, BMW recently changed their email addresses around, and so his current address is:

Andreas (dot) Harz (at) partner (dot) bmwgroup (dot) com

(Sorry about the "magic decoder ring" way of spelling it out, but there's no reason to point more spam at this address.)
--Darryl Richman

Bruce Frey

It would be nice if they

Post by Bruce Frey »

It would be nice if they could remain consistant for a while. They seem to be in a state of relatively constant change. Whenever I visit the BMW archives it seems that my old link is dead.

Bruce

Darryl.Richman

Exactly.

Post by Darryl.Richman »

It would be nice if we could keep links into their web site that are relevant, but they move around all the time.
--Darryl Richman

anderson7585

I got a Certificate for my

Post by anderson7585 »

I got a Certificate for my 1936 R2 and they shipped it to me "forgetting" to charge me for it, they sent me a letter later ASKING for payment so I responded with an email that never got answered.

Several months later I got another letter DEMANDING payment, I sent another email and got no response.

Several months later I got another letter RUDELY DEMANDING payment, they can take a long walk on a short Pier! (the Certificate is framed and hanging on the wall in Texas, BMW can come get it, all they have to do is get by an armed and PO'd owner).

Unclviny
1973 BMW R75/5 (LWB) "Griselda" (stock looking but with logical/practical improvements), 1971 Norton Commando "Commando Bizarro" (a truly strange custom project), 1936 BMW R2 "Ediltrudis" (stock, currently out getting a pro restoration). www.vinceandersononline.com