If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

New Member from Washington, DC

mccarthy.tucker

New Member from Washington, DC

Post by mccarthy.tucker »

Hello,

I am a brand new member to the club, a new rider, and also a new vintage BMW owner (1953 R25/3). I love the look of vintage BMWs and that compelled me to learn to ride and purchase a motorcycle. If anyone in the club, whether in Washington, DC or otherwise, is willing to share some wisdom with a novice, I would be grateful - whether it is what type of place/area is best for riding (or not riding) a vintage motorcycle or what you wished you had known when you were a novice rider or new vintage motorcycle owner.

Thank you in advance for any advice you are willing to offer. I look forward to being a contributing club member.

Regards,
Tucker

Twocams

Never been to DC...mainly

Post by Twocams »

Never been to DC...mainly cause I live in Oregon. I flew into JFK once returning from England. That is the furtherest East Coast North Ive been.If your going to keep the bike I would get a good book to read and learn from. Barrington Motor Works has written a couple. Pricey yes, years of knowledge in a easy to read book.
They are air cooled engines so do get stuck in traffic for hours.

twocams
Twocams
92 R100RT/69 R69S
2004 Aprilia Atlantic 500cc single cylinder Scooter
83 Honda V65 Magna, fastest production bike in1983
2015 Can Am Spider SE6 1,688 miles
2018 Moto Guzzi V711 Special

KillerTux

Hello, I am near Fort Meade,

Post by KillerTux »

Hello, I am near Fort Meade, MD and I also have a R25/3. Let me know if you have any questions, I can help out.