If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

CycleWorks? Other tool source?

ggarthe

CycleWorks? Other tool source?

Post by ggarthe »

Does anyone know what happened to CycleWorks? I'm working on a restoration of an R75/5 and need a number of tools that I've only been able to find at CycleWorks. I placed an order a month ago but never got anything. I've been calling and sending emails, but I'm not getting any response. I've had to open a dispute with PayPal, I'm hoping they'll know how to reach them. In the meantime, does anyone else know a source for specialized airhead tools? I've been able to craft a few tools myself, but I'm otherwise at a standstill until. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

schrader7032

As I understand it, Dan at

Post by schrader7032 »

As I understand it, Dan at CycleWorks is a one-man show and has had to take a full-time job elsewhere to make ends meet. He still doing the tools side of things, but obviously it has taken a toll on meeting his orders. Others on another forum have had the same issue, but eventually they have received what they ordered. It sucks that you're at a stopping point but Dan will eventually get your ordered filled. This has been going on-off for some time. Here's a past thread nearly a year ago that also speaks to the situation:

www.vintagebmw.org/v7/node/13348

But he'll get you what you need...it just might take a bit more time.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

Steevo

Patience, grasshopper.Dan

Post by Steevo »

Patience, grasshopper.

Dan has been seriously backlogged in early 2018.
I placed an order on Jan 6, 2018, and only just received shipping confirmation yesterday (Jan 21, 2018).
In the meantime, I discovered his voice mail box to be full, and email response to be nil. So I just waited, assuming he had more pressing issues just now.

Give it time and you will be rewarded. Or, "Rewarded you will be for patient being."

It is unfortunate that you "Had to open a dispute with PayPal" when you hadn't even heard from the vendor.
Now, folks will be very hesitant to step up and help you in the future, due to your knee-jerk litigation mentality.

ggarthe

All good

Post by ggarthe »

It is unfortunate that you "Had to open a dispute with PayPal" when you hadn't even heard from the vendor.
Now, folks will be very hesitant to step up and help you in the future, due to your knee-jerk litigation mentality.

I don't think waiting a month for an order with no response from the business owner is a knee jerk reaction, especially since I didn't know he was a one man show, so we'll just have to agree to disagree, but this is exactly why PayPal has a dispute resolution process. That being said, Dan did eventually get back to me and apologized profusely for the delay, shipped the items he could, gave me a refund on the items he couldn't so the dispute was closed and all is well. I'm sorry if this makes you or anyone else feel hesitant to offer future assistance.

Thanks,
G

San Arthur

What´s with CycleWorks?

Post by San Arthur »

I order and payed one week ago a tool from Dan an have not received a response or confirmation of any kind.
I left a message and send e'mail and nothing.

My problem is that I have parts needed to be painted and I need to remove bearings. I will wait a little more before starting a dispute resolution with Paypal.

Since I got his recommendation from this site, shouldn´t we worn other users?

San Arthur in San Antonio, Texas
'58 R26 '76 R90S '88 R100RS '94 R100GS/PD

San Arthur

I got my tool!

Post by San Arthur »

I got my tool yesterday and my bearings are out. Impossible without it.

Dan was kind enough to send me a note thanking for my patience and apologizing for the delay.

Thanks Dan!!
San Arthur in San Antonio, Texas
'58 R26 '76 R90S '88 R100RS '94 R100GS/PD

Adamw

For what it's worth

Post by Adamw »

Thought I'd add a kudo for Dan. Ordered my parts on a Tuesday and got them the following Friday. Even though the site states that he ships our on Saturday and Monday mornings. Didnt think I'd see them until the following week!
Thanks again Dan!

-Adam