If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Farewell to the club for the time being

mcsherry1328

Back in the saddle

Post by mcsherry1328 »

Mal, So pleased to see your posts again & look forward to seeing more. Like you I have been involved with BMW’s for fifty years. I am your age and still have the same passion now as then. I bought my first new BMW in 1975 which I still have and ride. My BMWMOA number is 6369. Keep building & riding these vintage machines.
Regards, Michael

Wynand

I am looking

Post by Wynand »

I am searching for the e-mail, but I probably suggested the same about 10 years ago Mal!

If you look at most magazine subscriptions, you have the choice.

If postage cost is the reason for the higher subscription, then offer an electronic version.

The higher subscription fees kills the international members and let me not remind you what the Dollar/South African Rand exchange rate is at the moment....

R50, R60/6, R90s

malmac

I suspect that postage is the reason

Post by malmac »

I certainly do not need a paper copy.

Maybe you could send Mac the president an email reaffirming your original idea.

Mal
mal - R69s
Toowoomba- Australia

jwonder

We are looking at it now.

Post by jwonder »

All, we are looking at the options now and once the new website is launched we will be looking into this more.

Best,
James.
James Wonder
Vice President, Vintage BMW Motorcycle Owners
2022 BMW Friend Of the Marque
Long Island, New York

malmac

We do get to Sydney now and then

Post by malmac »

Re the club newsletter. It is great and those who want to opt for the paper copy could keep paying basically for the international postage.
It would however be nice to have an option to just download the PDF version from the website and save $20US doaalrs each year.

It is terrific to hear from a member who lives in Australia and have often wondered if we couldn't have an Australian sub group.
I know we have BMW clubs in Australia and they are probably great for people with new models but really the old bikes are my real interest. We do have a 20087 R1200 GSA and it doesnt get ridden as often as I would like.

You have had a great run of machines and it is inspiring to hear you are still riding.
My email is mal@malmac.net so you can send me your contact details so we can catch up when the pandemic is basically resolved.

Glad you shared your point of view.

Regards

Mal in Toowoomba
mal - R69s
Toowoomba- Australia

malmac

James I am being patient

Post by malmac »

James

I have much to do in the workshop so I am sure you will sort this out given time.

Loooking forward to having the new web page up and running and you are doing a mighty job, along with others in the club.

Regards

Mal
mal - R69s
Toowoomba- Australia