If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Ebay turn signal from Bluemoonscooter

808Airhead

Post by 808Airhead »

Your bike is 6V,you have to change the bulbs possibly (?)
Thomas M.
R69S - R60/2 - R67/2 - R51/3 - R69

RainyRider

Post by RainyRider »

Yes, install 6 volt bulbs....unless you have upgraded your bike to 12 volt, in which case, you may have a partially grounded wire or a bad ground connection.

Hawaii

eBay LED

Post by Hawaii »

I bought the Ebay $2 LED turn signal lights 31mm Festoon for 12 volt. They can barely light up with 6 volts. I wonder if 6 volts LED is available?

John0313

Post by John0313 »

Bench Mark Works has 6V LEDs for the bar-end signals. They are a little salty - $20 or so each. I have no experience with them, sorry

RainyRider

Post by RainyRider »

Installing LED bulbs by themselves may not work, (as turn signals)....they may not activate the flasher - you may need a "load device", available online through some of the electronic lighting companies. Signal Dynamics comes to mind - others are out there as well - maybe, even radio shack.....

As stated earlier, I would install regular 6 volt bulbs....but that's just my opinion...Bench Mark Works can probably tell you exactly what you need.

RainyRider

Post by RainyRider »

The bulbs I received from Bluemoon are 6Volt, 3 Watt. The wattage is too low to be visible, especially in daylight. I think Hella/replacement bulbs are 18 Watts, (according to Bench Mark catalog). Maybe, order new bulbs from Bench Mark Works?

VBMWMO

Post by VBMWMO »

I finally got my turn signal installed, I am quite disappointed at the brightness of the turn signal. It is useless, no one can see those lights in the day. the light bulb says 12V 5W. I wonder if any one changed to brighter LED bulbs? I saw some 31mm LED bulbs but they are rated at at 8V+.
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.

tkb

Bluemoon bulbs

Post by tkb »

I see that the Bluemoonscooter eBay post now states that bulbs are 12V.

Are you pleased with the overall quality of the ss bar-end signals? Does the stub fit into the 18mm handlebar hole properly, the cheap chrome one that a friend gave have stubs that are too large, around 20mm diameter?

Hawaii

Post by Hawaii »

The unit is solid stainless steel, very heavy, but quality is poor. there are pits that can be polished out. they look like hand made.
For the price, it is a steal. I have yet to find suitable bulbs for it. With the bulb that came with it, it's useless. wiring and installation was a real pain. there was no instruction. I had to remove a few times to get the correct Right /Left.

RainyRider

Not too good....

Post by RainyRider »

After looking at the signal setup from Bluemoonscooter, I decided not to install....but, I am reasonably happy with their sidebags, even though the paint job suffered rough handling prior to shipping...