If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Bluemoonscooter Endurobags???

RainyRider

Post by RainyRider »

They look good....I would get a pair, but now, I can't even get the "blue moon scooter" store front to come up on ebay.....just the "satisfaction score" comes up.

Oh well....

808Airhead

Post by 808Airhead »

email him................... bluemoonscooter@hotmail.com
I checked and you are correct,his store is not up right now.He mentioned he will be on vacation for approx. 1 month.If you e-mail him,he may be able to get yours shipped to you before he gets back.I caught him just before he left for vacation,and got another set of bags & some stainless steel axles.
Thomas M.
R69S - R60/2 - R67/2 - R51/3 - R69

RainyRider

Post by RainyRider »

Thanks,

fred

808Airhead

Post by 808Airhead »

He has them re-listed now,here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AUS%3A1123
Thomas M.

loftus7608

Post by loftus7608 »

These do look very nice.

Do they impede the passenger's legs from reaching the footpegs? Can you change the BMW badging?

808Airhead

Post by 808Airhead »

No,the passenger fits just fine (my wife has ridden with me and had no problems),and the badges can be changed,they are attached with 2 screws.
It is great,I can go to the store,and have fitted a quart of milk,a six pack of beer,and a large bottle of wine at the same time and now always have a jacket ready when it rains.
I bought another set for my R69s resto I am doing,so I really like the bags.
read my review though,they are a little tricky to fit,bit come out really nice if you take the time.I had to bend the lower brackets upwards a little,and was careful to mount them where they do not contact the shcok towers.
Thomas M.

RainyRider

Post by RainyRider »

808--
Ordered the bags. If I understand it correctly, you bent the bottom bracket to raise the bag 1/2" to clear closure of the lids.
Q = Does it seem possible to cut/notch the upper bracket to allow for lid closure in lieu of bending the bottom bracket? (Rubber washers are a good idea - I think I'll put thin rubber washers between the bags and all the brackets during mounting, just to help eliminate the possibility of stress cracks in the fiberglass.)

thanks,

808Airhead

Post by 808Airhead »

The bags come with rubber washers.Attach the upper brackets first and then mock-up/test mount the bags,you will see what I mean about the lids contacting the bracket.
I make sure the lids clear the brackets and then center the bags around the shock towers.While holding the back in position I use a pick with a 90 degree tip and scratch some reference marks for drilling the bags to mount on the upper brackets first.
The lower brackets need the ;
1.Hole enlarged with a reamer,which mount where the rear foot peg bolt to the frame
2.I bent the front and rear CORNERS of the lower brackets upward to close the gap between the bag and the lower bracket,also using 1/4 inch thick rubber washers/spacers to cushion the bags.
Take your time,measure twice and drill once and you will have good results.

Good luck and Merry Christmas to you and yours as well as the rest of the BMW bike family on here!
Mele Kalikimaka!
Thomas M.

VBMWMO

Post by VBMWMO »

I want some enduro bags and Luxor marine is not returning any calls (which I read is par for the course),so bluemoon has them for $600.00.Anyone have experience with these??They are shiny,and not "rough" in texture like the originals.
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.

tricyclerob

BlueMoon Scooter bags

Post by tricyclerob »

I think his bags look nice as well. Did the bracket or bags interfear with the shock adjustment lever? I seem to remember some people cut the lever off by half to clear this style bag.
Thanks, rob jones
Tricyclerob

"I like new stuff... especially after it gets old"