If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Any Hawaii "Airheads"here?

R.D. Green

Post by R.D. Green »

Thomas - - Welcome to the world of airheads and Airheads. In answer to your question, try posting on the Boxerworks Forum. There are one or two people there who regularly post from Hawaii...

Richard

808Airhead

Post by 808Airhead »

Thanks for the warm welcome Richard. :D I nwill check out that forum.There are some modern riders here,but have yet to see any /2 on the roads here.Have seen some BSA/Triumph's however.
Aloha,Thomas
Thomas M.
R69S - R60/2 - R67/2 - R51/3 - R69

R.D. Green

Post by R.D. Green »

Thomas - - Most of the guys on the Boxerworks Forum seem to have later model airheads but some have /2's and older. In addition to the VBMWO site, another great resource is the /2 Yahoo Group. From what I can see, that forum is exclusively /2 and some of the greatest /2 minds in the country like Craig Vechorik and Duane Ausherman hang out there.

Richard

808Airhead

Post by 808Airhead »

Richard,thanks for the heads up,I checked out those forums and they seem slower than this one! I am hopng some Hawaii people pop up here..... :D 8)
Thomas M.

Hawaii

I am in Hawaii

Post by Hawaii »

I just bought a 1965 R50 and I live in Waialae on Oahu.

808Airhead

Post by 808Airhead »

I actually met a guy named Tim that has a GORGEOUS R50,in white.So there are a few guys here that have them.Hawaii,email me at www.taivw@hotmail.com if you would like to get together and talk BMW/go for a ride.........Aloha
Thomas M.

VBMWMO

Post by VBMWMO »

Hello,my name is Thomas and I am a newb /2 fanatic.I have been into vintage Lambretta/Vespa for over 20 years,but now I have evolved to the beauty of the BMW motorcycle.
I am the proud owner of a 1966 R69S resto project and a R60/2 with 10k original miles.I will be converting it from US spec to Euro spec and am looking forward to rebuilding the R69s motor.
It is great to know there are resources available for technical information as well as parts.It is quite amazing to see that some of the BMW parts are actually cheaper than some vintage Lambretta/Vespa parts!!
Hope to get to know some on here.It has been great reading,especially the "great oil debate"!!
Being a long time modern VW/Audi mechanic,I feel these bikes are right up my alley,and looking forward to getting my first ride on my R69S in about 3-5 years when it is done!
Aloha from Oahu Hawaii
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.