If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Rarer Mint Condition Magura Racing Levers and Twist Throttle

Darryl.Richman

Post by Darryl.Richman »

I don't understand, what are you getting at?

I've seen several pairs of the Magura racing levers, they ARE very light indeed, and also surprisingly long (I guess you need a lot of leverage for the clutch and brakes). The levers are made from folded aluminum rather than being solid cast.
--Darryl Richman

EuroIron

Post by EuroIron »

I think I will sell them on ebay.

They do not look very robust or I'd consider putting at least one of them on one of my custom bikes...... but right now the only bike I have with any lever on the bars is working a lone hydraulic MC while the other has one of those suitable for a 4LS front brake

I am am certain these would not hold up for clutch duty on that particular bike since it's heavy springs have already snapped one very robust HD perch

Ever wondered why when they went to the slash 5 they dropped the clutch's inner cable diameter about 0.25mm? Maybe I am hallucinating.

I just made one for the conversion bike out of 0.125" cable and opened the slot in the tranny housing to allow the inner to pass thru.

My last hotrod /5 snapped more clutch cables than I could count and I have no idea why I never thought to make a substantial one for it.

VBMWMO

Post by VBMWMO »

the levers are amazingly light

I'll assume this place is still in a coma?
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.