If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Old Bike Advice

VBMWMO

Old Bike Advice

Post by VBMWMO »

OK:

I am a proud owner of a 2005 R1200GS, and I have ridden a few older BMWs in the past. My father knows a lot of dudes that ride them.

I am stationed in Germany, and I really want to find an older BMW...A classic. I am wondering if someone would respond to what model they would want and why. I'm not trying to make a thread to keep for the forum, but I am interested in people that own them. I would appreciate you not being too biased to the bike you own, but I understand.

For a background, I love to ride bikes. I mean I love to ride bikes! I put 20,000 miles on a 1990 ZX-6 the first year I owned it. Since then, I haven't put that pace on bikes(but close), but I still ride alot. To the point, I would want a classic that I can ride. I am quite a mechanic, and I have no problems buying a builder. Problem is that I'm in Germany, so if someone wants to sell their bikes, this is not the thread to do it on.

Any and all opinions would be great to hear, and I will be doing a lot of research and reading in this forum to figure out what to look for. Being this close to Munich...I should be able to find a good classic here.

Many Thanks
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.