If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

So, you like old bikes, eh?

brown3459

Post by brown3459 »

Very enjoyable, thanks for listing these detailed photos. It's not everyday one gets to see how a speedo is driven on an R32. I found the rebound damper on the R11 interesting and am wondering if my R16 should have one.
Barry Brown
Canada

flattwin94

website

Post by flattwin94 »

Great site Darryl!

tanja007

Post by tanja007 »

hello everyone,

these events are really enormously great!! i do live in germany and think this is a reason to visit our country...it's the vintage bike event of the year, every year again...

bye, tanja

VBMWMO

Post by VBMWMO »

If so, you might like to visit the two new pages on my web site showing two vintage rallies I attended in Germany, in May.

The first is the Keilriemenfahrt, or Belt Drive Rally. This is for any bike from 1924 or earlier, or up to 1928 if they're actually belt driven. I was able to borrow a 1913 Douglas 2 3/4 HP (that's the model name) for this 2 day rally held over the May Day weekend.

The second rally, the Richard Kuechen Gedaechtnisfahrt (Richard Kuechen Memorial Rally), was held the next weekend. This rally was for any bike up until 1939, and they had over 120 entrants.

Check them out, there are a lot of photos of bikes you just don't see over here!
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.