If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Projects!!!

Tinkertimejeff

Projects!!!

Post by Tinkertimejeff »

On hold, in progress, almost done or completed. Sometimes projects are from multiple years that might go from pre-war (yeh right) to the Air-Head or even early oil head bikes. A lot of members have them and some need a little prodding to get on them and finish them and some might be a little overwhelmed and think its best to share it and pass it on to another member that is looking. It might be a new topic but with a guideline that its not a for sale or wanted to buy and just a sharing topic for projects. Mine are:
1966 R 50/2 started as a Dark Gray and now is Police White. A complete color change after all the prep has been done takes some effort
1968 R 60US that is an original Granada Red bike that started out as a frame, and no matching # block and is now a numbers matching restoration after some intense work on gathering parts. I found the original engine block with the help of a good friend, wish he could enjoy the ride.
I also have an R 60/6 Police Tribute bike in progress that is waiting on wiring assistance
I have a '73 R 75/5 Red Toaster original paint bike with 9,360 miles complete and in waiting
A K 1100 Cafe' that is idling
An early Earles fork conversion Rat Ride that is actually a conversion / reverse restoration that might be an atrocity to purists in the crowd
All are on hold while I attend to a well thought out and very fun to build Rennesport Replica which is coming together very nicely.
Like others I have a fleet of riders that might need stuff and can distract so projects get sidelined sometimes.

Just a thought

Slash2

Re: Projects!!!

Post by Slash2 »

I posted this on your Rennesport thread but will re-post here.

I for one have a rather daunting queue of "project bikes" awaiting my attention. But with two daughters under the age of 2, the question is when will I have the time? Projects as follows..

1951 R67 - complete and running in nice original condition. Low mileage bike but deserving of a mechanical freshening.
1955 R50 - Missing the fenders and 1 wheel. Otherwise mostly complete, titled and matching. Needs everything.
1955 R69 - titled frame and engine to turn my non-matching bike into a matching one
1958 R69 - complete and running but non-matching numbers.
1961 R50S - complete and ready for a full restoration
1964 R69S - bought as a nearly complete project. Just needs to be sorted and few issues addressed.
1965 R60/2 with an R90/6 motor. Bought complete but hasn't run in a decade.
1966 R69S - bought as a titled frame with front end, motor, gearbox and final drive all matching numbers complete with carbs for $300 about 4 years ago. Garage sale. Sometimes you get lucky.
1968 R50/2 - complete and nice cosmetic bike. High mileage. Time for a rebuild.

I just completed a rather thorough mechanical restoration of my 1984 R80 G/S and have put 600 immensely enjoyable miles on the bike before pulling the final drive to get the drain threads fixed and now I've been sidelined for 2 months waiting for that to be resolved... but that's another story.
Western Pennsylvanian - Airhead Extraordinaire

agloeckle

Post by agloeckle »

Are you interested in selling the 1968 R50/2 ?

Slash2

Post by Slash2 »

agloeckle wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:16 pm
Are you interested in selling the 1968 R50/2 ?
I'd consider it.
Western Pennsylvanian - Airhead Extraordinaire

Parked 2Long

Post by Parked 2Long »

Projects.... I got projects
1972 R75/5 W/Steib TR500 Sidecar This is the only one that runs so far
1965 R27 Drive train all gone thru all new cables never runs since parked in the house since 2006.
1968 R60/2 W/Steib S500 needs lots, parked long long ago
1974 R90/6 needs lots parked 25+years
2- 1983 R100rs 1 parked 12 years 1 parked 5 years

These were my In-laws
When one got a new to them bike the old one got parked.
I am told that they all ran when parked.
In the school of life, first comes the test, then comes the lesson.

Parked 2Long

Post by Parked 2Long »

And the r60/2 with sidecar, it has earles forks and it's granada red

pmtremblay

Post by pmtremblay »

This is a cool thread. Any photos of these? I love a well-worn bike.
Patrick in Virginia
'66 R27
'22 G310R

Parked 2Long

Post by Parked 2Long »

I am picking them up next weekend if all goes well
I need to finish doing timing chains my wife's Acadia, FUN FUN FUN not!!
The bikes are 80 miles away and not very photogenic, they are all packed in tight among lots of other stuff. You know, the 10 pounds in a 5 pound bag thingy.
I will take some as I load them in the trailer.
Here are 2 that liked having there picture taken.
65 R27
72 R75/5 W/ Steib TR 500 Sidecar
Attachments
R75 sidecar.jpg

Parked 2Long

Post by Parked 2Long »

The R27
Attachments
R27.jpg

cwf

Post by cwf »

You want a well-worn BMW? Try these, when I realised my son wasn't interested and I needed the space, I collected the four bikes I'd used for work and cannibalised slowly to keep the next one going. All have done 250,000 miles + (there's another one, a rolling chassis, just out of shot.) They sold for about $1200, 20 years ago.
75/7+ offroad sidecar; 50/2; R 35; XR125V; XR200A; Solex; 1939 Hillman Minx DHC.