If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Berlin

mcsherry1328

Berlin

Post by mcsherry1328 »

Hi Vintage Friends, I will be traveling to Germany in a month and am asking for any tips or suggestions on Vintage BMW motorcycle places or shops of interest . This will be my first visit to Germany and am hopeful to check out some places of motorcycle significance or shops with art and memorabilia or vintage parts. Thanks so much, Michael

schrader7032

This website has cataloged a

Post by schrader7032 »

This website has cataloged a number of museum resource links. Click on Resource Links on the left side, in the Tags column click on Museum, then click on Apply. Then on the map, zoom into Germany and click on the balloons/link to read more about that particular resource. It's been a while since these links were updated, so you might have to do some more googling to ensure the information is up to date.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

mcsherry1328

Thanks Kurt, I had never

Post by mcsherry1328 »

Thanks Kurt, I had never looked at museums in resource links. Very interesting and helpful . I was also wanting to hear about places, shops etc that members have visited and recommend checking out. Michael

Bruce Frey

I can definitely recommend

Post by Bruce Frey »

I can definitely recommend the Technik Museums in Sinsheim and Speyer as well as the Zweirad Museum in Neckarsulm.

Will you visit Munich?. Back when BMW Group Classic was Mobile Tradition, I was able to arrange (in advance) a meeting with the vintage motorcycle guys and got a look at the unrestored projects in the warehouse and copies of some prewar documentation. Worth a try if you have time.

In years past I enjoyed visiting the Deutsches Museum in Munich, but a recent visitor said it was getting a bit worn.

Enjoy your trip!!

Bruce

Bruce Frey

I might add that there are

Post by Bruce Frey »

I might add that there are some interesting vintage car and motorcycle fairs. The best known are Veterama in April and October in Mannheim. There is also a series of similar Technorama fairs in Kassel, Ulm and Hildesheim in March, May and September if your timing works.

Cheers,

Bruce

lauffer6996

Deutsches Technikmuseum

Post by lauffer6996 »

Not specifically motorcycles, but the Deutsches Technikmuseum has the best collection of technical museums in all of Germany (maybe Europe)! Be careful, you could spend your whole vacation visiting these exhibits which are spread out in different locations!

Also, Spandau, of course, is right there and they do factory tours, I think you have to book those in advance and I have not done one of those tours!

Make sure you book a boat trip on the Spree river, a great way to see Berlin - I hear the bicycle tours are good also.

Enjoy, Berlin is my favorite!

http://www.bmw-werk-berlin.de/en/
http://sdtb.de/technikmuseum/startseite/

mcsherry1328

Thank you so much for the

Post by mcsherry1328 »

Thank you so much for the excellent suggestions. I look forward to the bicycle rental and boat trip as well. Michael

Didess

Thank you all for sharing

Post by Didess »

Thank you all for sharing your recommendations!
I will be heading to Germany soon (it's not far from my home town) and I also want to visit some places like these.