If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Ozzie passed away

Matteo

Ozzie passed away

Post by Matteo »

Some of you may know this already, but I just learned today that Ozzie Auer passed away a little more than a month ago. I met Ozzie over 20 years ago at the vintage races at Sears Point in Sonoma. He was racing his R51SS. His son won the category on that R51SS if I recall correctly. I was just getting into motorcycles at the time and got the vintage BMW bug. Ozzie was great to talk to.

A few years later I got a R51/2 basket case and I asked Ozzie to rebuild that engine for me. I visited him many times in Chico over the several years it took to get the engine done (I seriously thought I would never see that engine again) and we would have lunch together. He would show me his warehouse of old BMW bikes and parts. I have to say I didn't understand what I was looking at, at that time. But the little I did recongize, it was amazing.

It was Ozzie that got me interested in vintage BMW race bikes and 20 years later I am working on one. We definitely lost a great one with Ozzie. Rest in peace Ozzie.

http://www.nbcfh.com/obituaries/preview.php?id=1672

Darryl.Richman

I was at Ozzie's Life

Post by Darryl.Richman »

I was at Ozzie's Life Celebration a week ago. At least 150 people showed up for it, lots of great stories about Ozzie and Emmi. We will have a eulogy for Ozzie in an upcoming issue of the club magazine.
--Darryl Richman

R68

Ozzie

Post by R68 »

Well that's very sad news. As the current owner of Matteo's motorcycle with Ozzie's motor in place, I can verify that Ozzie sure knew how to build up a flawless twin cam motor!
Attachments
l1002015.jpg
l1002015.jpg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 1669 times