If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

r 65 user manual

schrader7032

r 65 user manual

Post by schrader7032 »

"The manual"...which one are you referring to? There's the owner's manual and there's a workshop/repair manual. I doubt you're going to find either on the web. I have several repair manuals for my /7, some of which I bought at the dealer or at other motorcycle shops. The latest one I bought was by Haynes that covers BMW twins from '70 to '96. All manuals (BMW's included) have errors in them or they are clearer in one area versus another manual. Sometimes it's best to have several in order to compare and contrast. Also try Bob's BMW in Maryland or Motobins in Europe. Another source for info are these kinds of forums...there's a couple of R65 owners on this forum. Plus there's an R65 specific forum on the Internet somewhere. Having the on-line resources to bounce ideas or questions off of is a good thing in addition to a manual (or two).

Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

khill

r 65 user manual

Post by khill »

I just recently purchased a 1980 R65 and the seller had the owners manual with the bike. I'm pretty sure it is the original that came with
the bike. I also think it covers most of the R65's and is not specific
to a particular year. I could be wrong and I will dig it out later today.
I would think you might be able to find one on ebay but I'm not sure.
I am now looking at the service manuals like Kurt mentioned. The Clymers looks pretty good but I havn't seem the others yet. I am really starting to enjoy my little R65 and I don't even notice the vibration that
it seems to be famous for. It really shines on the curvy roads. I tried it
out yesterday and it is really great for such a older bike. Good luck with
your new (old bike).

Kirk

aleworkz

r 65 user manual

Post by aleworkz »

yes but...wouldn't be a good idea to have a downloads section in which everyone could have a wide choice of manuals?

Darryl.Richman

r 65 user manual

Post by Darryl.Richman »

Actually, that would be a good idea. But I don't have a copy of a scanned R65 manual, and this kind of project was already started by John Lacko: he has a lot of other BMW bike manuals are available over at John's Beemer Garage.

Another group that might have someone with a manual scanned is the Airheads Beemer Club. You'll probably have to join there to find out.

I was able to buy a new manual for my R90S from a BMW dealer. You might try emailing some of them and see if one of the older ones happens to have one.
--Darryl Richman

VBMWMO

r 65 user manual

Post by VBMWMO »

Hi to everybody, I'm a new owner of a beautiful 1983 r65 but I really miss the manual. I tried a search over the internet but, no results!
A .pdf file would be much appreciated!
thanxxx
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.