If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

1974 R60 Seat Fitting

srankin

Re: 1974 R60 Seat Fitting

Post by srankin »

Corbin seats use their own plastic fiber pan not the stock pan. My experience with Corbin and airhead seats is to stay far away from them. They have forgotten how to make a proper fitting seat for the air heads and don't care their seats don't fit. Trying to remove a fitment issue with them on my RT was the worst customer service I have had aside from Microsoft and HP. I will never buy a product from them again.

Boxer two valve, possibly EME and Siebenrock in Germany are selling very good replacement seats based on original style and fitment. If your seat from Kidster doesn't fit, give them a line or call. St.
Owner of a 84, R80RT and 78, R100RS

Kidasters

Post by Kidasters »

Wow. I've had just the opposite from Corbin. I have a gunfighter on my 75 R90/6 and a Canyon dual sport (with the BMW grab bar) on the 78 R100/7. Fit and durability are great. Here's the R100/7.

Haven't been able to get the shipping quote yet. Probably won't get it sorted until Friday because of work. Please be patient - it's coming.
Attachments
IMG_3426.JPG
What do you mean "next" project?

--My wife

srankin

Post by srankin »

How long ago did you buy your seats from Corbin? I had purchased two from them over the years, wore them out and was happy enough to order the third seat. three or four years ago.

After the break in, it was still not as comfortable as the first two, no problem Corbin said, mark where you think the problem is enclose a note describing the issue and we will take care of it. Fine, I sat in the seat, marked with tape the area causing the discomfort, wrote the note paid to ship it to them. I waited four months before the seat came back with not one bit of communication from Corbin only to find out they had done nothing at all to it! When I called, I was told if I wanted the seat fixed, it would be a custom job and would cost more. Arguing the point that they guaranty comfort was fruitless. So since I had no seat to replace it with and it was riding season, I used it.

Toward the end of riding season one of the hinges pushed up and broke in the plastic pan. I must admit this time they did cover it under warranty and quickly.

Upon reinstalling the seat I realized the full weight of the seat was resting on the two hinges alone and not the rubber bumpers to the frame. When I called Corbin to ask if perhaps I used the wrong hinges or had the hinges reversed or something, I was told "sorry unless it is here we can't tell what is wrong, make shims to fit it properly."

So when I made the comment the seat should fit the bike not the bike fit the seat I was told there was nothing they could do. They would not even send another set of hinges to see if that would solve the problem. Your bike is too old sorry.

That seat came off and I put on a seat from Sibenrock that Matches the OM seat. Surprisingly it is more comfortable than the Corbin and unlike the Corbin fits the bike perfectly.

So yeah at one time Corbin had a good seat for airheads but as I wrote, not anymore in my experience. Maybe you got lucky in your fit or perhaps you bought the seats before Corbin quit caring about airheads. St.
Owner of a 84, R80RT and 78, R100RS

Kidasters

Post by Kidasters »

I bought the Gunfighter awhile ago. Maybe 8 years? The one in the picture is from March.

--My wife

ARC8ECT

Post by ARC8ECT »

No worries at all. Appreciate your update 🙏

Kidasters wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 6:10 pm
Wow. I've had just the opposite from Corbin. I have a gunfighter on my 75 R90/6 and a Canyon dual sport (with the BMW grab bar) on the 78 R100/7. Fit and durability are great. Here's the R100/7.

Haven't been able to get the shipping quote yet. Probably won't get it sorted until Friday because of work. Please be patient - it's coming.

ARC8ECT

Post by ARC8ECT »

So thanks to Ken’s generosity I now have the correct seat in my 1974 R60/R.

The difference between is the seat lengths is 26” to 28”. And fits like a glove. Thank you all for the support

Kidasters

Post by Kidasters »

No problem, and would love to see a picture!!

--My wife