If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Frame Repair Shop?

srankin

Re: Frame Repair Shop?

Post by srankin »

I went online and looked up GMD Computrack, They have a notice they were closing business at the end of Jan 22. St.
Owner of a 84, R80RT and 78, R100RS

schrader7032

Post by schrader7032 »

ST, where does it say that? I looked and don't see anything.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

bremoit

Post by bremoit »

Was just there two weeks ago and visited with Kent for sometime. If they are closed/closing, that would be news to me.

As noted in an earlier post, they did a great on my bike. Professional, efficient and done right the first time. Bike had a hard pull to the right from an accident by the previous owner who just replaced the L fork tube and rode it for 10+ years. How he did that, no idea. End result for me was, after the alignment the bike tracks/handles perfectly. Most likely, better than when it was new. Factory assembly does not allow for detailed and nuanced frame alignment that Kent offers.

He'll tell you that the frame will need to be heated as part of the procedure, damaging the finish on the frame. In my case they only had to heat a small section of the R down tube. I was not expecting it but they repainted the frame where it was heated and did a great job---yes you can see it but if you did not know, you'd glance right past it.

Kent knows airheads. Give em a ring and see if they can get you sorted. Let him know you are a referral from the fella that was just there with the 77R100S, he'll appreciate that.

Knowing this service is available and the end product, I'd not hesitate to buy a salvage title bike with some frame damage from an accident. In most cases it can be repaired.

Good luck hope you can get the bike sorted and back on the road.

srankin

Post by srankin »

Kurt and others, it seems the Duck Duck Go internet search engine is NOT the way to go. At one location found by a search for the company, I get the message on an un secure site, at another secure site I get the company website and it is in business.

So sorry for the confusion, I am ditching DDG. As I hate google, anyone have any ideas for an alternate search engine? St.

schrader7032

Post by schrader7032 »

I was thinking DDG had something to do with it. Not sure what the issue is with google...I find it a necessary "evil" and get along with it just fine. There's always Bing but then you're tying yourself to Microsoft.

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/alt ... es/271409/
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

srankin

Post by srankin »

I don't like google's privacy issues, but then as you say it is an evil to deal with and a small one. Guess I will live with it. It is so much wrapped up in my phone, I have no choice. I was hoping to get away from it on my computers. St.

srankin

Post by srankin »

Thank you all for replying, I am not going to be rebuilding the bike as much as it pains me the finances are not right.

LOL, if you know anyone who wants a project, let me know, I can hook you up with the shop that has it now. St.

Slash2

Post by Slash2 »

Sorry to hear it.

So what will you be riding this coming season?
Western Pennsylvanian - Airhead Extraordinaire

srankin

Post by srankin »

I still have my 84 R80RT to ride. It is the bike I have had since new and over the years been my major riding bike. The RS got little miles when compared. So, I am not without a bike, I just like having two, LOL. St.