If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

What is Priority_Plus, SOS? 1993 R100 GS

ghayseed@gmail.com

What is Priority_Plus, SOS? 1993 R100 GS

Post by ghayseed@gmail.com »

A basket case, never started, unable to get spotlight to work, must be something to do with this - Priority Plus module that I don't ha
IMG_0430.JPG
ve a clue what it does... made by Sound off Safety,inc please help..

schrader7032

Re: What is Priority_Plus, SOS? 1993 R100 GS

Post by schrader7032 »

Looks like it's an add-on that enhances brakes/lights, etc. for better visibility.

https://www.amazon.com/Sound-Off-Safety ... op?ie=UTF8

Found this link on an MOA post:

https://www.soundoffrec.com/docs/rqt0cb ... fqlqm9.pdf
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

srankin

Re: What is Priority_Plus, SOS? 1993 R100 GS

Post by srankin »

I vaguely remember these units, they turned turn signals into running lights? And perhaps added stop lights?

Regardless, the first thing I would do if it were my bike if you want to keep it is to check the connections used to cobble it into the BMW wiring harness. T tap connectors and the ilk are pretty poor ways to tie into existing harnesses. They can in time corrode and take the harness out. (LOL, I think I am making my point I don't like these things.)

These add on enhancements are great so long as they work but can cause a great deal of aggravation when they don't and nine times out of ten, they don't work because of the wiring connections.

To be honest, and in my opinion, I would take the whole thing out, see if EME has a replacement rear light harness to replace the one the priority lights was wired into. Start back again with stock lights, and perhaps research the newer systems on the market such as wiesner or Admore.

If you choose to do any wiring additions or add lights into the system, either use good crimp on connections or better yet solder the connections don't use the cheap t taps. Good luck, St.
Owner of a 84, R80RT and 78, R100RS