If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

GEN Light stays on

CraigMac79

Re: GEN Light stays on

Post by CraigMac79 »

Thank you, i think I have that documentation. The battery is less that two years old.

schrader7032

Post by schrader7032 »

Well, do as ST says. Measure the voltage at the battery terminals with the engine at an elevated RPM. Most likely it will not rise much above 12.5v or so. Also measure the voltage at the battery terminals while you start the bike. The voltage during starting should not go below 10v.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

srankin

Post by srankin »

Ah, again, I am skimming the data and not properly reading things. You installed an Enduralast ED4 for lithium batteries?

Sorry in this case, I would not know how to bypass the voltage regulator as can be done on the stock style systems.

The voltage regulator and diode board are incorporated into one unit on the ED4Li system from what I can see in the document. Without knowing just what wires to bypass, there could be a risk of popping a diode in the rectifier if done incorrectly.

As there is rewiring involving the factory wiring adding wiring, or re routing wiring to fit, those connections would be the first place I would check. I am sure it will be a simple issue. Sorry I can't help more Good luck, St.
Owner of a 84, R80RT and 78, R100RS