If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Your Laugh for the day

srankin

Your Laugh for the day

Post by srankin »

So, after several days of trying to charm the nest of jumping snakes in the headlight shell of my 78RS tracking down a minor problem and thinking I had a bigger problem when after one session nothing worked. I got my friend to pick the bike up with his trailer and take it to my other friend's airhead shop. I had given up, feeling pretty dumb, I could not fix my problem and it was time to let someone with more patience and knowledge to have a go.

I forgot one of the big rules of working on a bike. MAKE SURE THE KILL SWITCH IS ON! That little mistake will earn me a place for a long time in the coffee and conversation around the table at the shop.

Thank God I have good friends. St.
Owner of a 84, R80RT and 78, R100RS

cwf

Re: Your Laugh for the day

Post by cwf »

Has anyone ever used the kill switch for whatever it's proper purpose is? I rode airheads for 30 years for work and only ever used the switch instead of the ignition switch when I had a quick delivery/pick up.

Charlie.
75/7+ offroad sidecar; 50/2; R 35; XR125V; XR200A; Solex; 1939 Hillman Minx DHC.

srankin

Post by srankin »

The sad part is, I never really have ever used the kill switch. That is why it is the last thing I would have been expecting to bite me. I am still trying to figure out how and why I turned it off in the first place as I have been working entirely on the left switch? Gremlins? St.
Owner of a 84, R80RT and 78, R100RS

cwf

Post by cwf »

Definitely not just you. I've tired myself out trying to bump-start other bikes and then noticed...
75/7+ offroad sidecar; 50/2; R 35; XR125V; XR200A; Solex; 1939 Hillman Minx DHC.