If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

New member, new bike need help with windscreen

Lotsahorses

New member, new bike need help with windscreen

Post by Lotsahorses »

Hello everyone, new member here. I recently purchased a 93 R100R and want to know what others have found to use as a windscreen. I know there was a BMW oem screen for it but I've seen several comments from riders who did not like them due to being heavy or ineffective. I'm looking for wind/turbulence protection. I wish I could find a no longer made Aeroflow for it. I have one on my 2002 R1150GS that is phenomenal. Any help appreciated.

schrader7032

Re: New member, new bike need help with windscreen

Post by schrader7032 »

Welcome to the forum!! Other names that come to mind are Clearview and Parabellum. Also Rifle. Would have to check their sites for applicability.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

cbclemmens

Post by cbclemmens »

Check back in the Forum. A couple of posts ago Jon Miller offered a couple of Vetter Windjammer fairings for shipping cost. I could use a windshield from one of them, but he hasn't answered back. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Craig

Lotsahorses

Post by Lotsahorses »

Parabellum is no longer available and that includes the Scout Fairing. I'm still looking. Thanks for the replies so far.

cwf

Post by cwf »

Do you mean this BMW screen? I've used this type for years, it's not as wide as some but it doesn't get in the way and is well designed.

Charlie.
Attachments
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (11.24 KiB) Viewed 1866 times
75/7+ offroad sidecar; 50/2; R 35; XR125V; XR200A; Solex; 1939 Hillman Minx DHC.

Lotsahorses

Post by Lotsahorses »

Charlie, I tried to click on the image to enlarge it but couldn't find a way. That doesn't look like the OEM R100R fairing that was available as an option but looks interesting. Is yours for sale? Tim

Lotsahorses

Post by Lotsahorses »

Another update on the search for a fairing. Clearview was mentioned in one of the responses and they offer only replacement windscreens for existing fairings like the RS and RT models.

cwf

Post by cwf »

Hello Tim,

I haven't had anything to do with post-airhead BMs, so it's possible that screen was for /5, /6, /7 only. It mounted on the top yoke, the two holes in front of the handlebar mounts. There was a chromed one-piece bracket that held the screen with four rubber-mounted bolts.

I'm in the UK, so I expect it'd be easier to find one in the US but here's a link, which will show a few screens for R100R, and many parts. https://www.motorworks.co.uk/parts/pane ... reens.html

Charlie.
75/7+ offroad sidecar; 50/2; R 35; XR125V; XR200A; Solex; 1939 Hillman Minx DHC.

schrader7032

Post by schrader7032 »

Saw some shields from National Cycle and Puig that might work.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

Lotsahorses

Post by Lotsahorses »

Charlie I found several in the link you provided that look promising. Fitment charts say they will fit the R100R. Two of them were Givi brand. Thanks for the help, I'll check these out. Tim