If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Weird sync issue..

schrader7032

Re: Weird sync issue..

Post by schrader7032 »

Nice discussion. I would note that the carbs he's working on are much later than yours...for a Rotax 4-cylinder engine, typically for a light aircraft. I didn't see anywhere in the video or the other one what the carb number was. I did see where one of the carb bodies had the choke part on both sides which is unusual for our bikes.

It would be interesting to see at what point these holes were added. Clearly it would seem that Bing decided somewhere on the run that additional ports might have been needed. I've never called Bing to just "chat", but I'm sure they would know.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

srankin

Post by srankin »

A very interesting video I guess I would be interested in contacting Bing to see what they have to say regarding issues.

I myself have never talked to the Bing guys, my friend at the shop has for other issues. St.
Owner of a 84, R80RT and 78, R100RS

skyler.robbins

Post by skyler.robbins »

I talked to Bing today.. nice people.
They said that my carbs are the earlier version and only came with one hole.
The later ones came with the two holes for better stability at idle and such so they added the second hole.
Also noted is that the earlier carbs had the steel mix screw, later had the brass... no difference in the 2 other than metal.
He thought that "maybe" swapping slides to see if that would help my situation.. gonna try it.
Will report back with anything new!

schrader7032

Post by schrader7032 »

Thanks for the info! I'll have to pay more attention in the future!! :D
Kurt in S.A.

srankin

Post by srankin »

Thanks for taking the time to contact Bing. I learned something new today. Cheers, St.

skyler.robbins

Post by skyler.robbins »

Thank you guys!
Well I tried swapping all the parts from the good carbs to the bad carbs.. each thing one at at time to see if anything would help.. nothing, same problem.
But all is well I hope...
There's another BMW owner here in town with some extra carbs that he's will to go for cheap.
They're the newer 70's version.. 64/32/11 and 64/32/12
According to Bing, they will work on my bike and these carbs have the 2 hole configuration.. I'll just swap out my new parts on to them since they're interchangeable.

At least I know everything else is in working order on the bike..
Picture for a visual..
Attachments
KIMG0974 (1).JPG

schrader7032

Post by schrader7032 »

Could Bing "upgrade" your one-hole carbs?
Kurt in S.A.

srankin

Post by srankin »

I am confused, did you swap the rebuild parts from your original carbs to the other carbs? So from the original one hole to two hole units?

When you say nothing changed did you mean the two hole carbs still run better and now, you are giving them back to your friend with the his parts or the original two hole carb parts and getting another set?

I wonder what Bing would charge to look at your original set of carbs and determine what is wrong with them? I know, it costs money to ship them to Bing and I am not paying, just curious, LOL. St.

skyler.robbins

Post by skyler.robbins »

schrader7032 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:41 pm
Could Bing "upgrade" your one-hole carbs?
I didn't ask Kurt..

skyler.robbins

Post by skyler.robbins »

srankin wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:09 pm
I am confused, did you swap the rebuild parts from your original carbs to the other carbs? So from the original one hole to two hole units?
I swapped my friends parts over to mine since I knew his were running great... I swapped out each item once at a time. My carbs didn't react any different with his internals.

When you say nothing changed did you mean the two hole carbs still run better and now, you are giving them back to your friend with the his parts or the original two hole carb parts and getting another set?
The 2 hole carb with his original parts are back together and on my bike.. it runs great once again.

I wonder what Bing would charge to look at your original set of carbs and determine what is wrong with them? I know, it costs money to ship them to Bing and I am not paying, just curious, LOL. St.
Not sure.. I suppose I could, but I have a great deal on some 2 hole carbs.. would be interesting though!