If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Painting and pinstripes.

willstone

Painting and pinstripes.

Post by willstone »

Can anyone recommend a painter and pinstriper in the SE area of PA? Reading, Allentown, Pottstown area would be ideal. I don't need a concours level of paint. This is just for an everyday R90/6 rider. Just simple black on front and rear fender and the tank. What should I expect to pay for a decent job?

schrader7032

Re: Painting and pinstripes.

Post by schrader7032 »

I'd try checking with Tom Cutter at Rubber Chicken Racing Garage in Yardley PA. I don't think he paints but I'm sure he knows who does.

http://www.rubberchickenracinggarage.com/
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

willstone

Post by willstone »

I found a good painter and also a good pinstriper in the Allentown/Reading/Boyertown PA area. Painter is Elam at Folk's Body Shop
(610)779-2953. He is a motorcycle guy and has dozens of old and newer motorcycles at his place. He painted a /6 fuel tank and 2 fenders for me. The pin striper is Will Whitman (610) 689-5444. He did an excellent job striping the tanks that Elam painted. The prices were more than reasonable at both places. They both know each other and can coordinate the work. Very pleased with both of them.

Riderg

Post by Riderg »

Willstone, are you sure you have the pin striper’s name and number right? I just called the guy and he said I had the wrong guy! I live in York PA and I’m looking to get some pin stripes on an RS fairing.

willstone

Post by willstone »

Sorry. Will Whitman's # is: 610-689-5944.

willstone

Post by willstone »

I had Willy Whitman pinstripe a 1977 R100RS for me and he did an excellent job. I just picked up pieces for a R100T from him and they are also excellent.