If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

60/5 "Enduro" tire suggestions

Planecrazy13

60/5 "Enduro" tire suggestions

Post by Planecrazy13 »

I am looking for tire suggestions for /5 and /6 bikes. I need tires for the way we use the bikes, 80% asphalt and 20% turf/dirt/gravel.

Suggestions? I searched tires but didn't find this particular subject in the first couple pages so here I am asking. Thanks for any input on the subject.

schrader7032

Re: 60/5 "Enduro" tire suggestions

Post by schrader7032 »

A few that I was able to find include the Heidenau K60 and the Michelin Anakee. I have no experience with riding off road. Also try a google search for enduro tire availability. The issue will be to find things in inch-sizes which should be preferred.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

ECJ

Post by ECJ »

I recently moved to living off 5 miles of dirt road, so every ride now starts with dirt, and there is usually some dirt in-between. My Michelin Pilot Activ's were definitely not cutting it! I did an exhaustive search of options for the very kind of tire you are looking for (an 80/20 tire), and eventually landed on Continental TKC 70's. They seem to strike that perfect balance of mostly pavement, with some more than decent dirt and gravel confidence (not sure about mud or sand) thrown in. They arrived just a couple of days ago, and there is 8" of snow on the ground here, so of course haven't yet had a chance to run them, but they look fantastic in person, and will mount them on my 1979 R80/7 shortly. I looked at the Heidenau K60's as well, but they are more like a 50/50 tire, and just seem a bit too much for an airhead. I have another modern bike that runs Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR's (not Pirelli Scorpion Rallies which are much more aggressive), that I am super happy with as an 80/20 or 70/30 tire, and which are amazing on the pavement, and in the wet as well, and which I push pretty hard on the dirt. Not sure if they are made in airhead sizes, but I am super impressed with that tire so far, though the rear does seem to be wearing a bit quickly. Let us know what you find...

ECJ

bremoit

Post by bremoit »

If you do your own tire changes, have a look at the Shinko 244. Inexpensive and easy to change, if you don't like em.

Had this set up on my 60/6. They were a bit loud on the road but gave me the tread pattern I needed for my rural/off tarmac environment.

IMG_2075.jpeg
IMG_2074 (1).jpeg