If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

R60/5 correct decals & placement

patanga

R60/5 correct decals & placement

Post by patanga »

I'm hoping that someone can help with photos of o.e. decals and placment to suit an R60/5. i.e. under seat, rear fender and frame decals? (tyre decal, Homolgation, paint code and yellow coil warning stickers.). Presumably the R50/5 & R75/5 would be the same. Thanks in advance.

schrader7032

I'm aware of this site which

Post by schrader7032 »

I'm aware of this site which offers a variety of stickers:

http://www.heritagestickers.eu/cat/
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

pokie

What year?

Post by pokie »

From memory,... In order to place the proper stickers, what year is the bike? In 1970/ 71 the only stickers that I remember being used is the "inspection" sticker on the top of the rear fender (when it was there at all), the black and white tire sticker was on the bottom of the seat in the wheel well area just past the tool tray and the coil stickers were on the coils, near the front of the coils. In late 1973 the Blue and White tire sticker replaced the black and white one. The Denfeld sticker I only remember on replacement seats. The oil filter stickers were generally not used at all but were included with new oil filters if the mechanic was drawn to use them. The color sticker was not used until the /6 bikes. The round sticker was for your tool box as it's not a BMW part. The stickers they offer for the small tanks and battery covers for 1972/ 73 may well be replacements but the originals were painted.

I have corrected the placement of the tire stickers. In late 1973 and into 1974, the tire stickers were on the top of the rear fender.

toolmandoug

When restoring my R60/5 the

Post by toolmandoug »

When restoring my R60/5 the decals for the seat were still on the pan before repainting. The Denfeld sticker was way up front on the pan by the two seat cover rivets. The tire pressure decal was located as in photo. I hope it loads. I still have the original coils, yellow decal was positioned on coil in the area that was covered by the clamp. I was never sure on the color decal location or if it ever had one. The bike was repainted before I restored it. Sadly after I finished restoring it, I did a vin search from BMW and found out that it was Polaris Metallic from the factory. It’s black now. I do remember that the decals were not aligned very good, just kind of slapped on.

toolmandoug

I cannot get my pictures to

Post by toolmandoug »

I cannot get my pictures to load. You can email me directly at toolmandoug@gmail.com and I can send them.
Doug

schrader7032

It's likely that your

Post by schrader7032 »

It's likely that your pictures are too big to upload. Try to resize them so they are no more than about 1Mb in size.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

Areba21

Re: R60/5 correct decals & placement

Post by Areba21 »

If you are not paying attention, you can and will mess up your paint if you have to be very careful using a heat source. As a last effort, I'd just use that process.

To get it off pin stripes and cricut for decals, it works very well, so you can only use a cleaner to get away from the residence. Word of caution, you also need to be careful not to damage the paint. On the touch surface, it always gets hot and can damage the paint if you let it sit there. The advantage of using this vs. a heat gun is its Much less heat, you don't need to scrape and its fun (chances of scratching your paint). :)
My Life My Style

brandonmane

Re: R60/5 correct decals & placement

Post by brandonmane »

Areba21 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:51 am
If you are not paying attention, you can and will mess up your paint if you have to be very careful using a heat source. As a last effort, I'd just use that process.

To get it off pin stripes and cricut for decals, it works very well, so you can only use a cleaner to get away from the residence. Word of caution, you also need to be careful not to damage the paint. On the touch surface, it always gets hot and can damage the paint if you let it sit there. The advantage of using this vs. a heat gun is its Much less heat, you don't need to scrape and its fun (chances of scratching your paint). :)
But a heat gun would do a much better job because it is heated no? I feel like the more the heat the better it would be. But i totally see your point. Get back to me on this as i still would prefer using a heat gun over this.