If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

76 R90/6

tonyo

76 R90/6

Post by tonyo »

I plan to breathe new life into a 1976 R90/6 offered locally for sale and am looking for counsel and voices of experience. I want a reliable, professionally finished touring bike for New England with electric start and more speed than my 1964 R50 but not as powerful as my R1200R, that I now rarely ride. I want the best possible ignition and wiring, powder coated frame, whatever the engine requires (a lightened flywheel for example), low handlebars like my R50 and a comfy café style seat, large oil reserve, replacement mirror, Ohlin shocks, etc. I have access to an S fairing that I may also mount. Any thoughts about Siebenrock 1000cc? The oomph per dollar may not be worthwhile, but the phrase 'now or never' comes to mind especially if paired with a new exhaust…?

As I have never liked the instrument cluster and plastic damper of the /5 and /6s, I will likely replace that. Any suggestions? (analogue Acewell looks nice…) Can anyone recommend a painter for the fenders and tank who can hand-paint pinstripes?

At present I am Looking for suggestions––for the right questions to ask. Online research and YouTube offer some answers, but I have learned to value the VBMWMO community forum.
TonyO