Can anyone help me answer a few questions about the paint:
- Is the paint good quality?
- How old is too old to be safe buying? (many of the cans are unopened)
- Other than primer, does the guy have what I need for a complete job?
- Lastly, what's a fair price for this? (He's asking $125 for the whole lot.)
Thanks, here are some photos of what's available.
- bmw1.jpg (14.53 KiB) Viewed 134 times
- bmw2.jpg (54.65 KiB) Viewed 134 times
- bmw3.jpg (334.67 KiB) Viewed 134 times
- bmw4.jpg (53.09 KiB) Viewed 134 times
I also see "532" on the box. According to Snowbum's website, he narrows it down to '77-78 only and indicates the pinstripe color is 104 or gold.
But, it's your bike and if you have any skills at this, it might work. I can't say if it's any good at this point. I've always been reluctant to use something when it gets to be "old". Heck, I can't/won't even drink milk if it's after the "use by" date!!
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
69 R60/2 76 R90S 78 R100RS
70 Triumph w/Spirit Eagle Sidecar
91 BMW K1 (caretaking); 87 BMW R80 (RS); 61 BMW R60/2; 66 BMW R27; 74 R90/6; 59 NSU Maxi; 71 Norton Commando; 71 BSA 250 GP; 66 Triumph TR6R; 61 Norton Manx; 59/61 Triton; 14 Triumph Thruxton