If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

i'm in love

Eldon

i'm in love

Post by Eldon »

Just thought I would share a picture of my recent love. Since I have purchased, I have changed fluids, fork seals, floats/needles, speedo cable, instrument bulbs and sockets and chased a few electrical gremlins. I have wanted an airhead for about 45 yrs and now I have one. Spline looks in great shape so I am guessing the 20K on the speedo is not too far off. I am enjoying the forum. PS...have the original seat BTW. Love this bike!
Attachments
73r605.jpg
73r605.jpg (1.91 MiB) Viewed 2604 times
Eldon '73R60/5

tonyhutchinson

Bike looks really nice enjoy

Post by tonyhutchinson »

Bike looks really nice enjoy it, is it your first bmw?
Tony

R.D.Green

Forty-five years is too long

Post by R.D.Green »

Forty-five years is too long to wait for an airhead! Very nice bike and the background doesn't look too shabby, either...

firecaptp7

Congratulations! Old BMWs are

Post by firecaptp7 »

Congratulations! Old BMWs are very unique machines. Riding one properly requires a certain amount of patience and finesse. Looks like an R60/5? New style silencers? Perhaps the shock absorber handles need to be repositioned inward toward the wheel? (Hard to tell from the photo). Nice looking machine. Enjoy.
Jerry
BMW R75/5, Honda FT500, Honda ACE, Kawasaki W650, Royal Enfield Military C5

Eldon

Yes. First road bike

Post by Eldon »

Yes. First road bike actually. Rode quite a few dirt bikes in my younger years. It took awhile to shake out the gremlins but now I believe it is ready to ride!
Eldon '73R60/5

Eldon

Thanks. I do have a thing

Post by Eldon »

Thanks. I do have a thing for boxer engines and I appreciate German engineering. My bucket list is about complete!
Eldon '73R60/5

Eldon

Hey Jerry. I believe this

Post by Eldon »

Hey Jerry. I believe this bike came out of Missouri. this is a '73 r60/5. I mistyped when I stated 20K miles. I have just rolled over 30K on the odometer. The pipes are aftermarket but do not know the brand. Who ever put them on heated up / reshaped the original kickstand to clear them. I have been playing around with the preload on the rear springs. They also put a chrome/stainless steel bolt kit on it. Otherwise original paint, tire pump, tool kit, etc. It runs great and I am proud to have a piece of working history. A new found Beemer airhead compatriot has helped me go over the bike. His guidance has been priceless. I am blessed. Eldon
Eldon '73R60/5

LuChan

You did a great job! She is a

Post by LuChan »

You did a great job! She is a beauty, no wonder you fell in love)