If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Custom R90S /5 for sale

MikeL46

Re: Custom R90S /5 for sale

Post by MikeL46 »

srankin wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:34 pm
Ah, the owner of this bike never said it was an R90S bike or a /5. He has been upfront in it being a custom bike using R90S and /5 parts and styling cues.
He clearly stated it was an R90S engine, and the crankcase maybe (SN would tell) but nothing else visible is from an R90S.

Mike
67 R50/2 w/R100 engine/trans and Ural Sidecar
69 R60/2 76 R90S 78 R100RS
70 Triumph w/Spirit Eagle Sidecar

srankin

Post by srankin »

Again, the person did not post it as an R90S, I explained that in one of my other posts.

I admit, I get peeved when I see a bike listed for sale as an R90S, RT or RS or any model that is clearly not what the person is calling it. That is not the case here. If it had been I would have commented on that in the negative.

As it stands, it is a custom bike, if you don't like custom bikes, fine, don't pick the guy's post apart. He did a very nice job compared to a lot of bikes I have seen "customized". St.
Owner of a 84, R80RT and 78, R100RS

FrazerOn

Post by FrazerOn »

A friend of mine had a turbocharged 200 hp Honda VTR and was very pleased with the bike's performance, dynamics and speed. So I decided to install a turbocharger in the BMW HP2 engine. Despite the enormous power that the engine gives out and the uniqueness of the work done, this bike is still used for everyday riding, and not as a show bike.

MikeL46

Post by MikeL46 »

srankin wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:34 pm

Ah, the owner of this bike never said it was an R90S bike or a /5. He has been upfront in it being a custom bike using R90S and /5 parts and styling cues.

St.
Actually, he stated it had an R90S engine. And he may have been told that and believe it to be true, but it isn't.

Mike
67 R50/2 w/R100 engine/trans and Ural Sidecar
69 R60/2 76 R90S 78 R100RS
70 Triumph w/Spirit Eagle Sidecar

srankin

Post by srankin »

Like I said, he is not saying it is an 90S, he can of course have an R90S engine in the bike. The R90S engines fit all kinds of bikes, I have even seen one in a /2 side car rig.

I suppose if you want to be picky, you can use the engine block Id number to tell what the story of the engine. If is is a certified serial number that came out out of an R90S, Then regardless of the bike it is in it is an R90S engine.

If someone told him it is an R90S engine and he didn't do the homework to find out, so be it. He could have built it up to S specs very easily. Now of course, that is a bit of a fib, and if he were selling an actual R90S, I would call him out on it. He is not.

Sorry to say, the R90S engine was not much different from the R90/engines. Not having the exact specifications in front of me at this moment, I can say for sure, the R90S had the Delorto carbs, perhaps a bit higher compression, but the crank and cam as listed on my microfiche are the same for the /6 and S.

As I don't have the serial number for his engine handy, perhaps he will let us know what the number is, then this can be put to rest. St.
Owner of a 84, R80RT and 78, R100RS