If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

R26 Valve adjustment issue

schrader7032

Re: R26 Valve adjustment issue

Post by schrader7032 »

Probably should have asked this from the start... Did the bike run fine at some point? If it did and now it doesn't run fine, what sort of maintenance was done just prior to the problem? Maybe knowing more about that situation will help figure out what is going on.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

Mitro007

Re: R26 Valve adjustment issue

Post by Mitro007 »

Schrader,
I adjust the valves at TDC (OT) of the compression stroke. TDC (OT) at .2 mm for exhaust and .15 intake.
I removed the carburetor, disassembled and cleaned all the passages and jets. Re-installed carb and the motor fired up on 2nd kick. After a few adjustments on the carb (Idle adjustment and slide stop) I double checked timing with light and adjusted to S mark at about 500 RPM. Stopped and started motor several times and started on the first kick every time. Ran RPM's up to 3K and mechanical advance moved timing mark to F were it maxed out. Stopped to eating lunch now and waiting for motor to cool down to see how well it starts cold.
I want to thank you for taking the time in helping me resolve my problem. I am in Chicago, if you are local, I would buy you a beer or coffee.