If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

OEM BMW Decal Sets

Darryl.Richman

Just to be clear

Post by Darryl.Richman »

The General Discussion forum areas are open to members and to the public after they register with the website. The only information we know about someone who registers is an email that at least worked at the time of registration, and the IP address that was used.

The VBMWMO Club Member Services forum areas -- which are not visible to anyone except members -- are a membership-only privilege. These include the Clubhouse and classified ads areas.

Your club dues pay to keep this site on the air, so we provide certain benefits that only accrue to club members. The ability to create photo galleries here is another membership-only benefit. We continue to try to find ways to give members more benefits for their membership dues, and I can tell you that in the next couple weeks there will be some very exciting news, which will include a members-only benefit on this website, that a lot of people have been asking for.

OTOH, the website also acts as a way to attract new members. To do this, we need to provide some value for free, to bring people here (via high Google search rankings, for example). Although we are completely volunteer run (the only person who gets paid anything is our magazine layout artist), we still have expenses in printing, postage, this website and more that have to be covered. Because the club is doing better financially, the members are about to see a big boost in what they receive for their dues. But to sustain these changes, we must increase our ad revenues in the magazine and increase the membership; or else we will have to either fall back in benefits or raise the dues, both things the board definitely does not want to do.

The bottom line is that this website has to not only provide value to members, but also must act as a way to attract new members. We do that by providing nonmembers some benefits, too. If they visit, some will join up. When the membership grows, the club can do more things for its membership.

The downside is that the public areas of the website are public. If you want to talk only to the membership, people who have paid their $30 to be involved, you should be posting in the membership-only areas of the forum. Even then, the club cannot be a party to any transactions that are arranged; but at least you know you're talking to someone who is serious about vintage BMW motorcycles. You can also always tell who is a member on their postings; members' postings show their VBMWMO membership number on the left side. (If the number is gray, then their membership has lapsed.)

I am personally very sorry to hear about an honest member taking on a small project and providing a useful service to the rest of us, getting ripped off. That's embarrassing to the club and disappointing to every honest person who visits here. I wish there were more I could do prevent this. I wish there were more that I could do to help Jack. The person who took Jack's work hasn't been back to the site in the last two weeks, and Jack has already used what we know about him to try to contact him.
--Darryl Richman

mcdonnell7511

In the black

Post by mcdonnell7511 »

I'am pleased to report my OEM BMW decal project has been successful, and in the black.
Jack

Darryl.Richman

Wonderful!

Post by Darryl.Richman »

That is really excellent news!
--Darryl Richman

miller6997

Good. Does this mean that

Post by miller6997 »

Good. Does this mean that you'll have more in the future?
Jon Miller
'67 R69S
'13 F800GT
Altadena, California

mcdonnell7511

OEM Decals

Post by mcdonnell7511 »

Jon,
Absolutely, as long as the OEM decal project pays for itself, with a few changes regarding ordering and payment.
Jack

miller6997

When you are ready...

Post by miller6997 »

My hand is up whenever you are ready to resume sales.
Jon Miller
'67 R69S
'13 F800GT
Altadena, California

Patrice

Hello I read the above

Post by Patrice »

Hello
I read the above messages.
I'm in France and have a 1966 R69S BMW motorcycle and would like to know if it's still possible to buy you some OEM Air filter decals ?
It would be very nice if it would be possible.
Please let me know.
Thank you very much.
Regards
Patrice

R68

Re: Just to be clear

Post by R68 »

....I'm an anti social personality type, and so don't like to join these various BMW related clubs/fraternities. I hope you keep your forum public for persons with this type of defect. Also, I'm told that I'm a real bottom feeder, but I think that anyone who buys something from a enthusiast like McDonnell and doesn't pay should be shot...does anyone sell the stick on BMW badges used on racing bikes?...

Dave Reina

Hi Jack, If you do another

Post by Dave Reina »

Hi Jack,

If you do another production run I would like to order a set for my R69s. Sorry you had problems with some folks with the earlier order.

Dave Reina
62 R27
63 R69s
72 R75/5
98 K1200rs
Dave Reina
Brooklyn, NY

Jeffreymorgan53

I would certainly be

Post by Jeffreymorgan53 »

I would certainly be interested in a set!
thanks
jeffreymorgan53@gmail.com
Jeff Morgan