Ebay turn signal from Bluemoonscooter

808Airhead

Post by 808Airhead »

Your bike is 6V,you have to change the bulbs possibly (?)
Thomas M.
R69s - R60/2 - R67/2 - R51/3

RainyRider

Post by RainyRider »

Yes, install 6 volt bulbs....unless you have upgraded your bike to 12 volt, in which case, you may have a partially grounded wire or a bad ground connection.

Hawaii

eBay LED

Post by Hawaii »

I bought the Ebay $2 LED turn signal lights 31mm Festoon for 12 volt. They can barely light up with 6 volts. I wonder if 6 volts LED is available?

John0313

Post by John0313 »

Bench Mark Works has 6V LEDs for the bar-end signals. They are a little salty - $20 or so each. I have no experience with them, sorry

RainyRider

Post by RainyRider »

Installing LED bulbs by themselves may not work, (as turn signals)....they may not activate the flasher - you may need a "load device", available online through some of the electronic lighting companies. Signal Dynamics comes to mind - others are out there as well - maybe, even radio shack.....

As stated earlier, I would install regular 6 volt bulbs....but that's just my opinion...Bench Mark Works can probably tell you exactly what you need.

RainyRider

Post by RainyRider »

The bulbs I received from Bluemoon are 6Volt, 3 Watt. The wattage is too low to be visible, especially in daylight. I think Hella/replacement bulbs are 18 Watts, (according to Bench Mark catalog). Maybe, order new bulbs from Bench Mark Works?

VBMWMO

Post by VBMWMO »

I finally got my turn signal installed, I am quite disappointed at the brightness of the turn signal. It is useless, no one can see those lights in the day. the light bulb says 12V 5W. I wonder if any one changed to brighter LED bulbs? I saw some 31mm LED bulbs but they are rated at at 8V+.
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.

tkb

Bluemoon bulbs

Post by tkb »

I see that the Bluemoonscooter eBay post now states that bulbs are 12V.

Are you pleased with the overall quality of the ss bar-end signals? Does the stub fit into the 18mm handlebar hole properly, the cheap chrome one that a friend gave have stubs that are too large, around 20mm diameter?

Hawaii

Post by Hawaii »

The unit is solid stainless steel, very heavy, but quality is poor. there are pits that can be polished out. they look like hand made.
For the price, it is a steal. I have yet to find suitable bulbs for it. With the bulb that came with it, it's useless. wiring and installation was a real pain. there was no instruction. I had to remove a few times to get the correct Right /Left.

RainyRider

Not too good....

Post by RainyRider »

After looking at the signal setup from Bluemoonscooter, I decided not to install....but, I am reasonably happy with their sidebags, even though the paint job suffered rough handling prior to shipping...