If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Bluemoonscooter Endurobags???

808Airhead

I would like to share some

Post by 808Airhead »

I would like to share some updated pictures of the same bike in teh beginning of this thread. I have been driving it around with a single seat on this bike for about a 2 years now,and it gets a lot of attention with this setup. I was surprised that even the harleys guys like it,and the ladies REALLY like it,they comment on the lines,no doubt with help of the Enduro/Bluemoon bags. It has that old school bobber/solo look.

[img][IMG]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x22/TAI-VW/iphonejuneandjuly2013080_zpsf66456b1.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][IMG]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x22/TAI-VW/iphonejuneandjuly2013081_zps4b1c79a6.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][IMG]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x22/TAI-VW/iphonejuneandjuly2013079_zps912f04cf.jpg[/img][/img]
Thomas M.
R69S - R60/2 - R67/2 - R51/3 - R69

Zeno Lee

Great photos! I've toyed with

Post by Zeno Lee »

Great photos!

I've toyed with the idea of getting these.

Are the bags easy to mount and unmount? I like to have the flexibility of going with or without panniers.
'62 R69S
'65 R50/2
'76 R90/6

808Airhead

Zeno,if you read the 1st

Post by 808Airhead »

Zeno,if you read the 1st page,there are answers to all your questions.
R68,the similarity to my scooters is no "coincidence"! I really like those legshield fairings you posted. I have seen pictures of that legshield with a Wixom fairing,basically a full dresser. It would be really nice to have a bike with all the period accesories like that.
Thanks for posting that !
Thomas M.

bbolesaz

FYI, I recently ordered a set

Post by bbolesaz »

FYI, I recently ordered a set of bags. $700 incl. shipping. They are gorgeous. Haven't mounted them yet.

BTW, didn't order through ebay, contacted Danny by email and paid paypal.

bluemoonscooter@hotmail.com

bbolesaz

Installation Report

Post by bbolesaz »

Got my bluemoonscooter bags installed.

I'll start by saying that they look beautiful on the bike.

The install left some to be desired however.

There are 4 brackets, two to a side. One mounts underneath of the shock tower on the fender and the other mounts to the passenger peg and muffler bracket and forms a shelf underneath the bags.

The brackets under the bags mount OK, just be sure to make both sides level and even before you go on.

The brackets under the shock mount OK also. The problem arises when you try to drill the bags to match the holes in the bracket. You will find that the holes end up interfering with the lid closure and the indentations for the shock and frame.

So please, do like I did and measure first before drilling.

I ended up adding 3 new holes to the shock brackets which would not interfere with a nice flat mounting for the bolts in the bag. One hole was OK as is. The holes in the bottom brackets are also OK as is.

So, measure and dry fit with blue tape and magic markers first, add a few holes and you'll end up with a nice mount.

miller6997

Common Complaint

Post by miller6997 »

I've heard the same complaint about the mounting from others who bought the Bluemoonscooter enduros. Danny has been selling those cases for a number of years, and you would think he would work out the brackets so that customers don't have to curse the installation. A slash2 is a slash2, right? They should go on readily with zero modifications to the bike.
Jon Miller
'67 R69S
'13 F800GT
Altadena, California

mpybkk

I picked up a set as well,

Post by mpybkk »

I picked up a set as well, contacted him directly through eBay about them.

I actually like them better than the originals, because the finish matches the paint on the bike, where as the originals are the more textured and flat finish. Also, its pretty difficult to find originals that aren't faded out or roughed up.

That being said, yes the install was a pain in the butt. The brackets! I ended up having to do a bit of mod work on em, cutting them down, bending and a few other tricks to get em to mount right. I also noticed after having them on for awhile, one was rubbing the heck out of my frame, rubbing paint off. I added some washers to push em out from the frame some, and put a leather strap around the frame, and that's all solved now.

But yeah, for the price I think these are a great deal. But with the install, as mentioned before, take your time! I found lining them up fairly easy (with my wife's helpful eyes), although I did not get them "perfectly" aligned, they are quite close. I would suggest also changing out the light wiring. Wire them up to work with your brakes at least, and signals too if you wanna get fancy. I also put LED bulbs in mine, super nice now.

Attached are a few photos of mine…also I had to repaint the braces (rattle can), posted a few photos of the process with that.

I should note, I really never wanted bags on this bike, I like my bikes lean. But once I had them on, I love the ability to just toss things in there.
Attachments
img_0013.jpg
img_0013.jpg (201.71 KiB) Viewed 2274 times
img_0010.jpg
img_0010.jpg (259.59 KiB) Viewed 2274 times
img_0009.jpg
img_0009.jpg (198.12 KiB) Viewed 2274 times
img_0007.jpg
img_0007.jpg (176.46 KiB) Viewed 2274 times
img_0006.jpg
img_0006.jpg (209.49 KiB) Viewed 2274 times
img_0001.jpg
img_0001.jpg (750.26 KiB) Viewed 2274 times
img_0003.jpg
img_0003.jpg (110.6 KiB) Viewed 2274 times
---------
Michael

808Airhead

Absolutely stunning. These

Post by 808Airhead »

Absolutely stunning.
These bags were not of "European origin" having been designed in the USA,but just look so "right" and period to me on a /2 BMW.
Thomas M.

Hendrik

Bluemoon saddle bags

Post by Hendrik »

Hi everybody, my name is Hendrik, I am dutch and living in Asia since 25 years. I have a 1950 BMW R 50 and I would like to purchase these bags. It looks like that this not so easy, can somebody tell me how to proceed. Thank you very much for your assistance
Best regards
Hendrik

capebretonmarkbmw

try this

Post by capebretonmarkbmw »

Here is Danny Wu's E-bay page http://stores.ebay.ca/BLUE-MOON-SCOOTER