If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Bluemoonscooter Endurobags???

Kendall Steffensen

Installation

Post by Kendall Steffensen »

808Airhead,

I have had a set of the Blue Moon bags setting in a closet for around two years and decided to install them.

As you indicated in this thread, the top mount interferes with the lid.

I can't move the bag up a half inch without hitting the frame as the clearance on the channels molded into the bags are too tight for me to put the bags anywhere but resting on the bottom mount.

Any tips or tricks that you didn't relay earlier?

My current thought is to cut off the top mount so the lid will clear, but before I get out the grinder, I wanted your two cents.

Thank you,
Kendall

808Airhead

I just shifted the bags

Post by 808Airhead »

I just shifted the bags around until they did not 1. rub on the frame/suspension posts 2. did not interfere with lids 3.then I had to bend the lower bracket,and add rubber spacers under the bags to finish installing them.
Thomas M.
R69S - R60/2 - R67/2 - R51/3 - R69

mrc.engr

After enjoying my Danny Vu

Post by mrc.engr »

After enjoying my Danny Vu Enduro bags for almost 2 yrs and many shows there's no way the original Enduro bags can comapre. The rinkled finish does not go with all the smooth black paint on my R60. You may prefer them Rubone, but it's only because they were the first ones made. Other than that, the new repro's are so superior in fit, finish, hardware (all stainless), locks (all stainless and lights that are made completely all stainless steel even the light bulb sockets are stainless steel.

I hear it all the time from dyed in the wool 60's BMW collectors and riders: "Gee, the smooth paint & pinstripes on your bags really matches the rest of the bike." "Yeah really"..... as I smile.

All the best........ Mike Cecchini, Bethesda, Md.

ps.........hope the pic of my R60 I have attached comes through.
Attachments
bmw_1965_r60_r90s_conversion_with_dellorto_carburetors_aug_2016_005.jpg
bmw_1965_r60_r90s_conversion_with_dellorto_carburetors_aug_2016_005.jpg (3.42 MiB) Viewed 1518 times

miller6997

Nice!

Post by miller6997 »

I think that's the best-looking conversion I've seen, and the bags look right at home. It's too bad that Danny Vu stopped making the bags.
Jon Miller
'67 R69S
'13 F800GT
Altadena, California

808Airhead

mrc.engr THAT is one hell of

Post by 808Airhead »

mrc.engr THAT is one hell of a bike!!!! Totally awesome and in its own category! I could not imagine what my R69S would be like with THAT motor and brakes,WOW! Looking good!
Thomas M.
R69S - R60/2 - R67/2 - R51/3 - R69