If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Bluemoonscooter Endurobags???

808Airhead

Post by 808Airhead »

Here are some pictures of the goodies.....I received the second bag today,and started the mounting process.Being that these are totally handmade,I was ready for little "issues" to pop up.
The bags are very well made and have a thick black gelcoat fibreglass shell.The rivets attaching the hardware could be stronger/better quality,but I will have to let some time go by before I make a judgement.
The roundels included are metal backed,look good,and the white in the roundel is actually a little "yellow"so it fits the bikes age,and doesnt stick out too much compared to the tank roundels.
Included are stainless steel fasteners,and mild steel mounting brackets as well as the light assemblies.The light assemblies are housed in heavy duty stainless steel bezel,include bulbs and wiring.
Here are some pictures (If you see slippers,I'm from Hawaii,remember 8) :lol: )
The bags are not attched in the way the original Enduros are,these are more permanently attached,with brackets that bolt to the frame, and bags bolted to the brackets.
The first issue I had was mounting the lower bracket.One mounting hole on the bracket is bolted to the rear footpeg,the other bracket hole attaching at the rear muffler mounting point.The holes were off about 3mm or so,and out came the Dremel tool.A quick slotting of the forward bolt hole and I was in business.I attribute this to the handmade,limited production nature of these bags,which are not designed on a computer,nor are the brackets laser cut......this is all done by hand.

Black Gel coat
Door fits well
These are painted pinstripes,however of the "taped off" kind.Looks great,nice job
The roundel
Inside detail,good workmanship,nice bonding
Here is how the doors attach,the rivets I mentioned earlier being small arer visible here.
Detail of the lightImage
Here are the brackets
Left side brackets attached.......
This is all I was able to do tonight,once I have them mounted I will provide feedback on the fitment and hopefully low vibration!
I test fitted one side and it looks gorgeous......I cannot wait to get them on(and not have to wear a backpack while riding)
Thomas M.
R69S - R60/2 - R67/2 - R51/3 - R69

redavide

Post by redavide »

I've ordered a few things from BlueMoonScooter in Vietnam with good results.

Here's something I rigged up for my R69 -- saddle bags (yes, horse) I found at a ranch for $35 and another $10 at the hardware store for pieces to put together the mounting device. The leather is very nice, heavy duty, good quality, all double-stitched. I think it looks pretty good. Any honest opinions?

Image[/img]

schrader7032

Post by schrader7032 »

Any honest opinions?

They do look good and almost period correct. Not quite waterproof though?? :wink:

Are the bottoms tied down around the shock in some way?

Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

redavide

Post by redavide »

They're not completely waterproof, but I've treated them a couple times with beeswax and it makes them reasonably waterproof. Anyway, they've been soaked a few times -- if you let them dry and treat them with some oil they're as good as new.

I have leather straps on the bottom front of the bag that go around the footpegs and keep them anchored down against the wind.

808Airhead

Post by 808Airhead »

Those leather bags look good on your "steed"........get it(?) Ahhhhh....why I never became a professional comedian, I will never know.
Thomas M.

thaemlitz3321

Post by thaemlitz3321 »

I really like the enduro top bracket inside the shock. I have some old leather Denfeld Butler Smith bags with a mess of a bracket. Thanks for the pics. That's a slick way to mount the top up tight and on the axle rather than behind.

808Airhead

Post by 808Airhead »

They are on,and they look SWEEEEEEEET!! It was quite a chore to install,but was well worth it in the end.I ordered another set for my R69S....I will post pictures soon.WARNING;Make sure when you are viewing them,do not lean over your computer keyboard,the drool will short-out your computer :lol:
Thomas M.

RainyRider

Post by RainyRider »

When I typed "blue moon scooter" in search, got an e-bay store front.
I did not see the eurobags on the website - am I missing something?
And, if I don't have an ebay account, any other form of contact?

thanks,
fred

'57 BMW R-50
'91 Honda ST1100
'05 Yamaha RoadStar 1700

808Airhead

Post by 808Airhead »

He said he had 25 sets left.......I would send him a message via e-bay.
Thomas M.

808Airhead

Post by 808Airhead »

Here are the pictures I promised,in my opinion these compliment the bike,and everybody that has seen them likes how they look,and so far I'm pleased with my decision to get these.
It is a tricky job mounting these,since you have to finalise the position of the bag and drill holes.I am a full time auto tech by trade,and I found these a little difficult to install.However I "measured twice,and drilled once",and am happy with the outcome.
I had some tweaking to do to get it to fit,and make everything even and straight. I lined the bags up the upper brackets first,then made sufficient spacing around the shock tower and tried to have no contact between the bags and the frame tubes.I found that if you mounted the bag where it sits on the lower bracket,then the upper bracket interfered with the closing of the lids.I therefore mounted the bags approx. .5 inches higher with the brackets clearing the lid tops,and then had to bend the lower bracket up to meet the bottom of the bag,and used a couple rubber bushings which I sourced from a hardware store which helped make up for the gap which results from the bag being mounted higher.
So far,they are great.I am very happy that there is NO percievable vibration/sound fromn these bags,I was expecting atleast some kind of resonance/vibration,however there is none.The hardware includes rubber insulating washers,and these are installed between the bag and the brackets.
It is great,I now can store a jacket,some goggles,my wallet, a bottle of wine,6 pack,sunglasses.......etc,etc.......I used to have to wear a backpack every time I rode.....
After seeing these on my bike I immediately bought another set for my R69S.....you never know when these may come around again,since they are made in batches.
Enjoy the pictures!
Before;
After.....
Evens out the bike front to rear
Thomas M.