If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Bluemoonscooter Endurobags???

808Airhead

Actually they do not

Post by 808Airhead »

Actually they do not interfere at all with the shock levers.I was pleased when I tried it and they still were adjustable.
Thomas M.
R69S - R60/2 - R67/2 - R51/3 - R69

tricyclerob

Thanks for the "lighting

Post by tricyclerob »

Thanks for the "lighting fast" reply. Does it look like the rear sidecar ball would be accessible?
rob jones
Tricyclerob

"I like new stuff... especially after it gets old"

808Airhead

Not without a LOT of cutting

Post by 808Airhead »

Not without a LOT of cutting and fab work.......It is pretty much hidden behind the bag....
Thomas M.

tricyclerob

After looking at your photos,

Post by tricyclerob »

After looking at your photos, and considering all the "projects" I have going and figuring it would be some time before I got around to restoring the Craven bags I have on the shelf, I took the plunge and ordered a set.
I was impressed that a day later I got a message that there was a scratch on the set he had and he did not want to send them, so there would be a slight delay.
About 10-12 days later I rec'ed one of the boxes from Vietnam and I assume the second is on it's way.

They appear very well made, but I think the packing could be a little better. The ziploc bag the bolts were in was empty and the nuts and bolts were loose in the bottom of the box. The bags were wrapped in thin foam sheet and I think they should have gone in a plastic bag first as there were some tiny scratches from the bag moving around. They are small and will probably rub out though.
One little "ding" but to be honset as my R69 is a rider and proudly wears it's original finish,and if the bags looked "too" good they would look out of place, so I'm not too worried about it. That's the nice thing about original "patina", it just gets better with age.
Bags are well made though and seem very sturdy.
There is one wire going to the light, I'm assuming with single filiment for running light only, so I will probably look into a different socket to convert to running and brake light.
rj
Tricyclerob

"I like new stuff... especially after it gets old"

808Airhead

Post some pictures when you

Post by 808Airhead »

Post some pictures when you have mounted them!FYI,the holes for the emblems are perfectly spaced for OEM cloissonne (SP?) emblems,I used the old ones off my R69s gas tank and the fit perfectly on the bags!If you carefully mount them,you will have no vibration,etc.,from the bags,just be careful to leave a equal air gap around the shock towers/frame tubes/etc......if they are touching the bags the paint may be rubbed off and also a possibilty of resonance/vibration will be there.
Thomas M.

espo2000

bluemoonscooter endurobags

Post by espo2000 »

hey 808-
Great looking bags and bike!!!!! I've been seeing these on ebay for awhile and wondered how they are. I have an older set of enduro's that I bought with intent of refinishing and also missing the right lid- years later they're still in the garage. I like that you can put an older set of tank badges on them too. I noticed the ones on ebay now come with 12volt bulbs how do they work with /2 6volt system? Also how waterproof have yours been? Looks like you've had em for almost a year- still liking them? regrets?

thanks
espo

808Airhead

Thank you Espo for the

Post by 808Airhead »

Thank you Espo for the compliment on the bike :)
The bags have been great,I have no regrets and am going to put a set on my R69S as well. As for the bulbs,I have never hooked them up,since I did not want to hack into a perfect original wiring harness on that R60/2. The only thing about the bags is a possibility of a small leak,especially when washing the bike,so you have to make sure you don't leave anything that would succumb to water damge in them.The leak is small,but there is a leak.
For the price they are great,even if I paid $800.00,I would still have been happy. They are now listed $500.00 on ebay,and I paid $600.00 a set a year ago! :(
Aloha & ahui hou
Thomas M.

tourville

new production run

Post by tourville »

Hello Brian,

I'm producing them right now, this week I have 10 set will send to the painter to paint them in black and some in white. I guess it will takes around another 2 weeks to have them ready. This time I try to do it better with new lock and inside smooth and scratch resistant clear coat. I will send you email once they are ready.

best regards
Danny

Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 09:22:13 -0400
To: bluemoonscooter@hotmail.com
Subject: bmw Enduro motorcycle bags

Hello!

Do you still have these Enduro style /2 fiberglass
cases available?

If not, will you have a production run
in the Future?

thanks in Advance from New York!

Brian

jeff dean

Rear shock adjustment lever?

Post by jeff dean »

The bags are very pretty!

Do they really come from Vietnam?

Do you have to cut off the rear shock adjustment levers to mount them?

[h3]Jeff Dean
Friend of the Marque, Co-Founder VBMWMO (1972)
http://bmwdean.com --- http://bmwdean.com/slash2.htm[/h3]

[img]http://bmwdean.com/r75-200.jpg[/img]

Darryl.Richman

Don't cut off the shock

Post by Darryl.Richman »

Don't cut off the shock adjuster handle. Disassemble the shocks and swap sides for the handles. Then they'll turn in toward the wheel, but you'll still have clearance.
--Darryl Richman