If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Barrington Manual

808Airhead

Barrington Manual

Post by 808Airhead »

GREAT!! Thanks for posting the link,I am ordering some for my bike.!!
Thomas M.
R69S - R60/2 - R67/2 - R51/3 - R69

RichM752

Barrington Manual

Post by RichM752 »

ditto
RichM752
An honest man's pillow is his piece of mind.

808Airhead

Barrington Manual

Post by 808Airhead »

OK,well I want to share my experience with these EMPI carb synch'rs........I want to THANK Jeff Dean for posting that link!!
If you got a BMW twin,you HAVE to get these!!I am a professional mechanic by trade,and thought I had it pretty good,the carbs synch'd that is...
Well.........I immediately found out one carb was idling higher than the other,and when I evened out the vaccum at idle I was able to play with the mixture to smooth it out even more while maintaining equal vacuum.
Now it idles PERFECT!!!
Then I proceeded to adjust the cable "pull" and found my right side carb slide going up much later than the left.
After about 2mm of adjustment at the cable the slides pull evenly and the bike takes off without "judder" and idles/starts/runs SO much smoother.What took me HOURS before to "get right" (which it wasn't),with the synchronisers iot took literally 10 minutes or less,and it runs SO much better.GET THOSE SYNCH TOOLS!!! :D
Thomas M.
R69S - R60/2 - R67/2 - R51/3 - R69

VBMWMO

Barrington Manual

Post by VBMWMO »

Anyone on this list one of the lucky ones to receive an Advance Read Copy of the Barrington /2 restoration manual? If so, if you can say, what do you think of it? From the website comments, it sounds like a helluva publication. Personally, I can't wait to get it.
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.