If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

1959 R60 questions

comet

Butterhead

Post by comet »

Thanks Allan for that explanation of the term "butterhead". You spent a lot of time at it. I once saw a man at a rally with a head problem. On Monday morning he rode the bike to a dealer in town on one cylinder with the faulty head in his saddelbag. No doubt a butterhead.............Comet

Allan.Atherton

Re: Butterhead

Post by Allan.Atherton »

... I once saw a man at a rally with a head problem. On Monday morning he rode the bike to a dealer in town on one cylinder with the faulty head in his saddelbag ...
I never thought about riding a /2 with one cylinder head removed!

Darryl.Richman

Post by Darryl.Richman »

... I once saw a man at a rally with a head problem. On Monday morning he rode the bike to a dealer in town on one cylinder with the faulty head in his saddelbag ...
Me either, but I have ridden it with a spark plug removed a couple times. Once it was because the spark plug and the insert forceably separated from the bike while I was riding it.

If you hear a funny noise and notice that one of your plugs is "dancing", I suggest you pull over immediately if possible.
--Darryl Richman

jeff dean

1959 R60 questions

Post by jeff dean »

A beautiful day today in Tucson. Rode my white R60/2 90 miles for a local club breakfast. Didn't miss a beat and cruised easily at 70 MPH. What fun!

[h3]Jeff Dean
Friend of the Marque, Co-Founder VBMWMO (1972)
http://bmwdean.com --- http://bmwdean.com/slash2.htm[/h3]

[img]http://bmwdean.com/r75-200.jpg[/img]

oligee7275

Post by oligee7275 »

Me either, but I have ridden it with a spark plug removed a couple times. Once it was because the spark plug and the insert forceably separated from the bike while I was riding it.

If you hear a funny noise and notice that one of your plugs is "dancing", I suggest you pull over immediately if possible.

If you hear a funny noise and look down and see your cylinder "dancing", I suggest you pull over immediately whether it is possible or not.
I carry a 14mm wrench now JIC. (I know, brain fade) :o
Oh, and Jeff, you're just plain mean. We got buried here in Ohio with near record snow fall and I can't get any thing out. :(
Dean

oligee7275

1959 R60 questions

Post by oligee7275 »

Hey Marc,
Where are our pictures of the Bingham sidecar :P
Dean

Darryl.Richman

1959 R60 questions

Post by Darryl.Richman »

A beautiful day today in Tucson. Rode my white R60/2 90 miles for a local club breakfast. Didn't miss a beat and cruised easily at 70 MPH. What fun!

It has been a beautiful day in Santa Cruz, too! Rode my black R52 25 miles to have coffee with a friend. Didn't miss a beat and cruised easily at 35 mph through the redwoods. What fun!

:wink:
--Darryl Richman

blaktopbalay

1959 R60 questions

Post by blaktopbalay »

Hey Marc,
Where are our pictures of the Bingham sidecar :P
Dean
Argh! I had taken a bunch of digi pics and can find nary a one. Sidecar has since been disassembled and hung up in teeny garage to make room.

Bruce Frey

1959 R60 questions

Post by Bruce Frey »

Darryl,

Your R52 looks great and your weather last weekend was definitely better than in Milan........but I think that grin on your face would be bigger if you were dressed appropriately for your bike.

ciao,
Bruce

schrader7032

1959 R60 questions

Post by schrader7032 »

Bruce -

Was that the ATGATT of the time? :lol:

Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.