If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

R51/3 Luggage Carrier

Allan.Atherton

Re: R51/3 Luggage Carrier

Post by Allan.Atherton »

... I saw some pictures of a Denfeld rear type carrier, which can be folded. I would like to build my own version.... I will be thankful to any one who will send me some pictures of such a carrier, how it is attached, the folding mechanism, dimensions... Are you sure you don't just want to buy a new rack?
72 60 9 034 144--$150.50--folding luggage carrier chrome Denfeld reproduction with mounting hardware.
http://members.aol.com/ewhitevhp/folding.jpg
http://members.aol.com/vechbmw2/partno.html

Micha

R51/3 Luggage Carrier

Post by Micha »

Thanks for replying, Allan. 150$ are about 600NIS (I'm located in Israel). That's a lot of money, not to mention postage. And then, I have to face the crazy tax system we have here, and add about 150% to the price… I made my own panniers and some other parts for my BSA M20 bike and it came out pretty nice. So I want to give it a tray now. Regards – Micha.
Michael Steinmann
R51/3 1952
Engine Nr. 529466

VBMWMO

R51/3 Luggage Carrier

Post by VBMWMO »

Hello to all. I saw some pictures of a Denfeld rear type carrier, which can be folded. I would like to build my own version. It is not intended to be an exact replica – I just want to use the same ideas. So, I will be thankful to any one who will send me some pictures of such a carrier, how it is attached, the folding mechanism, dimensions (more or less), and any other kind of info that will be helpful for building such a carrier. I thank you all in advance, Michael.
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.